+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: England World Cup Squad

Quote Originally Posted by davee59 View Post
    Unlike other teams we would not underestimate the contribution of all players in a World Cup Final winning team!!
    It is nice to have so many players in the squad though.
    Oh right David so you would not milk for eternity if Kane scored the winning goal in the final

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky1966 View Post
    Oh right David so you would not milk for eternity if Kane scored the winning goal in the final

It would be fantastic but I still wouldn't claim that Spurs won the World Cup.

I blame Blackburn for our national footballing demise .... Walker bought the title and led to the floodgates of buying players from all over the world to achieve greatness and leave the home-grown left behind

Many years of damage done ..

It would be fantastic but I still wouldn't claim that Spurs won the World Cup.
    Don't be lemon David you know the West Ham way will always suffice.
    Step away from the dark side of N17 and feel the freedom of the West Ham way.. God bless you

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky1966 View Post
    Who cares about England?
    I don't

Well as it is an England forum I suggest you go to an Ooirish forum and discuss their chances at the World Cup!!

It is a bit of a conundrum Alf but I would have taken him as insurance as 3rd choice. Look what happened to Scott Carson against Croatia!
    It isn't a conundrum Dave,you take your best and the three goalies picked are far and away better keepers than a Hart is ..Tom Heaton,The best keeper of the lot is only on standby due to injuries..

Yes he is taking a bunch of youngsters but don.t forget they have won 2 World cups between them, whereas the last bunch could not beat Iceland, a country with the population of Cardiff. So good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Yes he is taking a bunch of youngsters but don.t forget they have won 2 World cups between them, whereas the last bunch could not beat Iceland, a country with the population of Cardiff. So good on him.
    Good points Claw .... just a bit of preemptive negativity on my part. COYL's

Im starting to come round a bit more to Southgate's style and what hes trying to do with the squad. Im even ok with Cahill getting a place as his experience could count for something in a relatively young and inexperienced squad.

But Welbeck is a poor choice especially as Lallana has missed out, and going back to experience again I think Defoe would have been a better choice as a striker. Failing that, even Carroll would offer a better threat in the air.

Robert Green should have been on standby

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast