+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst fans at Notts this year

Worst fans at Notts this year

Again, following on from the other thread about away game experience, which is the team with the worst fans at Meadow Lane.

Worst supported (in relation to their league position)
    - Wycombe Wanderers - again poor away support considering what they have done this year
    - Accrington Stanley - but we must remember they are a small club - but cmon how many did they bring ?
    - Coventry. This is not about numbers but the support. We have in recent years played Millwall, Leeds, Cardiff, but for me the Coventry fans were a total disgrace. We are a family based club and they seem to be a club with idiot fans. Never have we seen fans behave like that at Meadow Lane, and I am dreading Friday night. Win lose or draw I do not want to see this level of stupidity at a football game. Respect the game. Respect the fans. Respect the sport. Yes we all have idiot fans - even at Notts - but Coventry fans - if you are reading this then you need to chastise those berks who run onto the pitch and let flares off. Each pitch intrusion costs us money, money we do not have. Get it sorted. I think the issue here is that that they should know better. They are not a West Ham, or a Leeds, but they they are now in a league they think they can do do this and get away with it. The trouble is we are a family club and it puts kids off going to watch the beautiful game. We won the game 2-1 but never have I walked away from a game disappointed. I never thought Coventry had a hooligan fringe, so was totally dejected, even though we won the game.
    Last edited by MagicBoots; 16-05-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBoots View Post
    Again, following on from the other thread about away game experience, which is the team with the worst fans at Meadow Lane.

Worst supported (in relation to their league position)
    - Wycombe Wanderers - again poor away support considering what they have done this year
    - Accrington Stanley - but we must remember they are a small club - but cmon how many did they bring ?
    - Coventry. This is not about numbers but the support. We have in recent years played Millwall, Leeds, Cardiff, but for me the Coventry fans were a total disgrace. We are a family based club and they seem to be a club with idiot fans. Never have we seen fans behave like that at Meadow Lane, and I am dreading Friday night. Win lose or draw I do not want to see this level of stupidity at a football game. Respect the game. Respect the fans. Respect the sport. Yes we all have idiot fans - even at Notts - but Coventry fans - if you are reading this then you need to chastise those berks who run onto the pitch and let flares off. Each pitch intrusion costs us money, money we do not have. Get it sorted. I think the issue here is that that they should know better. They are not a West Ham, or a Leeds, but they they are now in a league they think they can do do this and get away with it. The trouble is we are a family club and it puts kids off going to watch the beautiful game. We won the game 2-1 but never have I walked away from a game disappointed. I never thought Coventry had a hooligan fringe, so was totally dejected, even though we won the game.
    I take it Notts County fans wont breach the pitch if you win tomorrow night then? 🤔

Also...

Some sweeping statements written here, the majority of Cov fans were well behaved that day and possibly between 5-10% were a nuisance. That means in the region of close to 4,000....so maybe you are blowing it a little out of context. 200/300 doesn’t account for a whole following.

I won’t.

I don’t think anyone moans about the end of game invasions at the end of a tough season. I think what is being mentioned is stuff that was happening during the game.
    He is also right about younger fans, I have taken the decision to leave my almost 5 year old at home for this one, for his own safety. A decision made for none footballing reasons. Those Coventry fans who are taking delight at being in the home end some of which will no doubt cause teouble; those fans of both clubs who think it’s big and clever scrapping in and around the ground, fans being spat on. No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I won’t.

I don’t think anyone moans about the end of game invasions at the end of a tough season. I think what is being mentioned is stuff that was happening during the game.
    He is also right about younger fans, I have taken the decision to leave my almost 5 year old at home for this one, for his own safety. A decision made for none footballing reasons. Those Coventry fans who are taking delight at being in the home end some of which will no doubt cause teouble; those fans of both clubs who think it’s big and clever scrapping in and around the ground, fans being spat on. No thank you.
    I agree, but there is a big difference between scrapping in or out of the ground and a pitch invasion. Most of the time those on the pitch are celebrating, be it in an illegal way.

Not all fans buying tickets for home areas are intent on causing trouble. This season Coventry have done it plenty of times, notably at Cheltenham where there were significant numbers and although a few were ejected for celebrating, there was no crowd violence inside the ground.

I’m sure the police will have it all worked out knowing the numbers likely to travel.

I was going to add my thoughts but seeing Cov1 is still around I can't be arsed. He's like a bad smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cov1 View Post
    I agree, but there is a big difference between scrapping in or out of the ground and a pitch invasion. Most of the time those on the pitch are celebrating, be it in an illegal way.

Not all fans buying tickets for home areas are intent on causing trouble. This season Coventry have done it plenty of times, notably at Cheltenham where there were significant numbers and although a few were ejected for celebrating, there was no crowd violence inside the ground.

I’m sure the police will have it all worked out knowing the numbers likely to travel.
    But there was nothing on the Cheltenham game. They were safe.
    I also never said ALL Coventry fans in the home end would cause trouble, some will purely because of the emotion of what is at stake, whether that is directly or indirectly. Let’s say Coventry score a last minute winner, 20 lads in the Kop, jump up in celebration, are they seriously not expecting repercussions? So indirectly, their actions have incited any reactions that fall the wrong side of the law.
    I can’t and won’t risk the safety of my boy on the off chance we are no where near any potential flash points.

But there was nothing on the Cheltenham game. They were safe.
    I also never said ALL Coventry fans in the home end would cause trouble, some will purely because of the emotion of what is at stake, whether that is directly or indirectly. Let’s say Coventry score a last minute winner, 20 lads in the Kop, jump up in celebration, are they seriously not expecting repercussions? So indirectly, their actions have incited any reactions that fall the wrong side of the law.
    I can’t and won’t risk the safety of my boy on the off chance we are no where near any potential flash points.
    I understand that completely. I have taken my lad to 15 Away games this season and I’m not taking him to this one.

It’s sad that the actions of a few is having an impact on whether people choose to take children etc

It’s sad that the actions of a few is having an impact on whether people choose to take children etc
    I think a lot of it is just the normal parenting instincts kicking-in, the chances are everything would be just fine. A couple of times this season I’ve been with my lad and we’ve been close to trouble, Mansfield being one, and it isn’t a nice feeling. I know I defend our lot but I also know they can cause problems and at times I’ve been very aware of that this season.

It is a big club following and with it comes more risks or potential for disorder I guess. I’ve followed Cov up and down the country for 30 years and seen all sorts so nothing surprises me anymore. Let’s just hope it passes off without any major issues and it’s a cracker of a game. Then we can turn our attention to England...😩

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast