+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mowbrays transfer plans

Mowbrays transfer plans

With every day that pases the more I like Mowbray
    Not only does he have his targets but he has them for tiered for whatever his budget is
    Very wise and cleaver
    We would all love him to be granted millions to spend however with our owners and the very flawed FFP he is prepared for all budgets.

Reading his piece in the LT seems to suggest he’s in for next season - regardless !
    He’s basically saying whatever hand I’m dealt I’ll do my darnedest with it.

I note that some are picking holes (trolls maybe) in his ‘humbly’ asking quotation.
    Got to admit I was a little surprised with using the phrase as it’s not one that I would have chosen so I can only assume it’s given in trying to make the point that he doesnt expect the multitude of millions that some may be speculating he may be offered.
    I personally trust TM in doing it his way , so no real concern from me.

Its such an intelligent stance he has taken.
    They have 2 clear directions. One is to try consolidate for a season. Bring through our own players and give game time to the likes of Travis. And add to that a very very specific type of player. Someone ages around 23/24 ....hasn't had experience in the Champ, has something to prove, and is known to Mowbray either by playing for him, or catching his eye against his team. Like Dack, Bell etc etc. Its believed most brought in would be loan players, and if we do spend any money it will be on a Div1 player who impressed. I believe we are in talks with Graham Carey down at Plymouth. Young, hungry players with talent, unproven at the Champ level, but with something to prove. That's his first and most realistic approach, and both him and Waggot will be sat right now in India asking that very question.

Option B - we have identified some players who TM believes will push us into the Play-offs. So if Venky's want to spend money, he will make the suggestion. Its believed even TM is reluctant to suggest this 2nd option. As if we spent a tonne of money, and didn't go up, we'd be back at square one. His realistic approach is, go up, try move forwards without spending a fortune, spend the money wisely (which will not be a lot at all) and go for it next season.

I think it will be option one. And he will only ask for a small amount of money. And simply build.
    I don't believe going up and spending a fortune is a good idea at all.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Its such an intelligent stance he has taken.
    They have 2 clear directions. One is to try consolidate for a season. Bring through our own players and give game time to the likes of Travis. And add to that a very very specific type of player. Someone ages around 23/24 ....hasn't had experience in the Champ, has something to prove, and is known to Mowbray either by playing for him, or catching his eye against his team. Like Dack, Bell etc etc. Its believed most brought in would be loan players, and if we do spend any money it will be on a Div1 player who impressed. I believe we are in talks with Graham Carey down at Plymouth. Young, hungry players with talent, unproven at the Champ level, but with something to prove. That's his first and most realistic approach, and both him and Waggot will be sat right now in India asking that very question.

Option B - we have identified some players who TM believes will push us into the Play-offs. So if Venky's want to spend money, he will make the suggestion. Its believed even TM is reluctant to suggest this 2nd option. As if we spent a tonne of money, and didn't go up, we'd be back at square one. His realistic approach is, go up, try move forwards without spending a fortune, spend the money wisely (which will not be a lot at all) and go for it next season.

I think it will be option one. And he will only ask for a small amount of money. And simply build.
    I don't believe going up and spending a fortune is a good idea at all.
    I stand my belief Venkys will give him 5m to spend all in, fees and wages. That was their pledge per season when they bought the club, so I don't believe they'll go beyond that. The figure may go up if we sell anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I stand my belief Venkys will give him 5m to spend all in, fees and wages. That was their pledge per season when they bought the club, so I don't believe they'll go beyond that. The figure may go up if we sell anyone.

Hmm, not sure yet. I think they will listen to what Mowbray & Waggot suggest to be honest. And they will want to take a careful approach, by signing young 23/24 year old players who he knows one way or another. Likely to be unproven in the Champ, but with something to prove. Won't cost the earth, and the rest will be loan signings. We just won't want the pressure of throwing loads of money at it, all at once. I don't think Venkys would go for that, but if we set out a 2 year plan, and look to consolidate this forthcoming season. £5-7m could be an accurate figure. We will see. And expect those target players to start coming in over this next few months. As he will know exactly who he wants. I think he will want to keep Dack but if we did get an offer of say £10m (which could happen) then he will think that gets him 3 key positions in other areas.

The main position, and where we need to spend the main ££ for me is striker. I think Graham will stay, and he will,do a good job when required. Perfect for the last 20 mins of games. But we need someone to play those first 70. He will need to able to score goals in the Champ. That for me is the key one. And there isn't loads of them about.
    Last edited by champs95; 17-05-2018 at 09:49 PM.

I think Samuel will remain a part of things, despite what a lot of our fans are saying.

The forward position is most definitely a must to improve with 2 needed
    Another problem is pace or lack of
    With Armstrong and Chapman returning to their clubs we have little pace and I feel it's a bit of a must in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I think Samuel will remain a part of things, despite what a lot of our fans are saying.

Agreed. He just lacked confidence. That will hopefully return. I think I'd be inclined to play him wide right, but he is quick, and he is young. Personally I think there is more to come from him. I wouldnt write him off just yet.

To be fair, I was always vocal about Evans. But he performed very well the last games he played. He looked back to his best. If he plays well, thats another worth retaining.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    The forward position is most definitely a must to improve with 2 needed
    Another problem is pace or lack of
    With Armstrong and Chapman returning to their clubs we have little pace and I feel it's a bit of a must in the championship.
    I think we will be doing alot to try get these 2 back, either on loan or to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Agreed. He just lacked confidence. That will hopefully return. I think I'd be inclined to play him wide right, but he is quick, and he is young. Personally I think there is more to come from him. I wouldnt write him off just yet.

To be fair, I was always vocal about Evans. But he performed very well the last games he played. He looked back to his best. If he plays well, thats another worth retaining.
    For those slagging Samuel.. One name.. Josh king. Lost count of the posts stating he'll never make a player when at Rovers.

I see promise in Samuel in games I've seen him in, as I did with josh king. He's worth persisting with..

Anyway I won't keep going on about it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)