+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: England WC Squad

That's what history tells us and probably on penalties

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    What you think about the 3 keepers chosen?
    Really rate Pickford, Would be my first choice Keeper!

To be honest lads, Im coming round a bit more now to Gareth and his time as our national manager. Yes this looks like an underwhelming and unimpressive WC squad doesn't it, but he doesn't really have much better to choose from.
    The only real criticism Id say, is picking Danny Wellbeck ahead of somebody like Adam Lallana.

He's got Phil Jones in his squad!!!!
    Are we that badly off for centre backs???

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    To be honest lads, Im coming round a bit more now to Gareth and his time as our national manager. Yes this looks like an underwhelming and unimpressive WC squad doesn't it, but he doesn't really have much better to choose from.
    The only real criticism Id say, is picking Danny Wellbeck ahead of somebody like Adam Lallana.
    So picking a striker ahead of a midfield player is wrong? I don't see how you can compare different positions.

Players like Lallana that have been left out are coming back from injury and that is the reason he, and others (Wilshere?), have been left out.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    He's got Phil Jones in his squad!!!!
    Are we that badly off for centre backs???
    Mac, I watched Hazard tear him a new one yesterday and thought exactly the same. I'm hoping he's back up rather than starting XI.

Funny how we all think different, I think it's our best world cup team for years. No show-boaters, just a young team who I think will be more up for it. Never a fan of Gareth Southgate but I think he's been doing a great job since taking over the national team!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Funny how we all think different, I think it's our best world cup team for years. No show-boaters, just a young team who I think will be more up for it. Never a fan of Gareth Southgate but I think he's been doing a great job since taking over the national team!
    I think we can put a handy enough starting XI out MOP.

Southgate hasn't succumbed to the pressure of taking the old guard which I admire him for.

We need Dele Ali to turn up, if he's on song he will bring the best out of Kane too.

It is interesting to note that (I think for the first time ever) the majority of the squad is of Afro Caribbean or mixed ethnicity.

In the year of his death it seems a fitting tribute to Cyrille Regis and the "Three Degrees" who led the upsurge of black players in the then First Division.

So now we have followed the Brazilian model, let's hope results reflect the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    So picking a striker ahead of a midfield player is wrong? I don't see how you can compare different positions. Players like Lallana that have been left out are coming back from injury and that is the reason he, and others (Wilshere?), have been left out.
    If we're nitpicking then, what exactly has Wellbeck done to deserve his place ?.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)