+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your summer sport

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Do Derbyshire even play cricket Andy, I genuinely didn't know that lol. Come on Yorkshire!.
    When its not a footy World cup or Euros cup year my other summer sport is rugby league.
    Who’s your RL team, Acido?
    My first love are the Roughyeds but there’s probably only you who might know who they are.
    My favourite Super League team are Saints...and not just because they’re looking good this season.
    At it’s best it’s the best game in the world imo...at it’s worst it’s just a totally one sided mismatch as is happening every week down in the third tier.

Cricket and golf, watching not playing anymore!! In fact I'm watching the golf at the moment!! Pretty good at both in my younger days but armchair stuff now!!

It doesnt go down well with people who know me Anag, seeing as Im from WEST Yorkshire and all (and Wakey & Cas & even Feath are my local teams, seeing as Im from Normanton lol)... but Hull Fc are my team and they are the best black n white sporting team in the world etc.

We've been drawn away to the Saints in the Challenge cup qtrs, and this is where our magic two year unbeaten run in this competition will end I reckon.

ps - Good luck in supporting those Oldham lads, Roughyeds indeed lol.

It doesnt go down well with people who know me Anag, seeing as Im from WEST Yorkshire and all (and Wakey & Cas & even Feath are my local teams, seeing as Im from Normanton lol)... but Hull Fc are my team and they are the best black n white sporting team in the world etc.

We've been drawn away to the Saints in the Challenge cup qtrs, and this is where our magic two year unbeaten run in this competition will end I reckon.

ps - Good luck in supporting those Oldham lads, Roughyeds indeed lol.
    You knew! I shared your relegation pain with the Latics too!
    Roughyeds used to be a great side...one of the best...and still the best and most original nickname too. You can stick your Rhinos and Wolves imo.
    Last match I ever went to with my late Dad was at Hull...at the old ground...the Boulevard. We thrashed you to put you out of the Challenge Cup. Unlikely to ever happen again.

Aww the old Boulevard eh Anag, which has been taken over now by the new KFC 'kentucky fried chicken' stadium!.
    I got into Hull Fc when they/we won the Challenge cup in '82 (but it was in a replay, and loads of other fans used to take the mick out of us and say 'you will never win at Wembley' etc). They were right of course, until we won there at last in '16.
    And as daft as it sounds, both of my sporting teams (Barnsley football and Hull rugby league) won their first ever matches at Wembley in they year of 2016.

Aww the old Boulevard eh Anag, which has been taken over now by the new KFC 'kentucky fried chicken' stadium!.
    I got into Hull Fc when they/we won the Challenge cup in '82 (but it was in a replay, and loads of other fans used to take the mick out of us and say 'you will never win at Wembley' etc). They were right of course, until we won there at last in '16.
    And as daft as it sounds, both of my sporting teams (Barnsley football and Hull rugby league) won their first ever matches at Wembley in they year of 2016.
    Hull was a full on RL town in those days Acido with HullFC and Hull KR.
    Football hardly got a look in and Hull City were real lower level also rans...made Barnsley look like ‘giants’.
    I’m not taking anything for granted in the Challenge Cup. Hull are a decent and bloody hard side. Been a bit of a thorn in the side of Saints in recent years. Think Saints have the edge now they’ve got the Barba man.
    At the end of the day it’s Lancs v Yorkies so the outcome should be inevitable.

I used to love the old RL on Grandstand when I was a lad. Eddy Waring was a laugh a minute and we used to try to forecast in which minute the obligatory fight would start

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I used to love the old RL on Grandstand when I was a lad. Eddy Waring was a laugh a minute and we used to try to forecast in which minute the obligatory fight would start
    Couldn’t stand Eddie Waring, ‘Amster...professional Yorkshireman who made a fine sport a bit of a laughing stock imo.
    Sky have too much power over it nowadays, again imo, but it’s still a great sport with huge levels of commitment. When I watched as a kid the players may have been a cross between Gods and gladiators on the pitch but they were still accessible and approachable off it.
    That’s something which is virtually gone from football these days.

F1 is shaping up nicely this season, Ferrari caught cheating on multiple fronts, merc and Lewis have got their mojo back, bottas has found some speed to back Lewis up in the constructors and I'm going to the British with merc hospitality tickets yay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    F1 is shaping up nicely this season, Ferrari caught cheating on multiple fronts, merc and Lewis have got their mojo back, bottas has found some speed to back Lewis up in the constructors and I'm going to the British with merc hospitality tickets yay!!!
    Think you’ve misunderstood Stenson...the thread is ‘Summer Sport’.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)