+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Moore set to be appointed...

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post

BD will always be a Albion legend but he needs to learn his job elsewhere before coming back.
    You mean a bit like how Pardew learned his craft at Newcastle and Crystal Palace before joining us??

Yeah that helped...

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Maybe you've given Darren the job because it wasn't an appealing job vacancy for the likes of Big Sam. The guy was England manager and has managed some big clubs. Maybe he saw it as a step down

As for Smith, I think he will be waiting for a premier league club to come in for him.

You've not had a great shortlist put forward really have you?
    I think Smith would jump at the chance of joining us, or Villa/Stoke or any other large championship club because there's a better chance of him going up with us than Brentford and he's from the local area.

In fact, it makes it even less of a gamble to give it to Big Dave, because if it isn't going well around Nov/Dec time, we can easily go after the likes of Smith then...

Maybe you've given Darren the job because it wasn't an appealing job vacancy for the likes of Big Sam. The guy was England manager and has managed some big clubs. Maybe he saw it as a step down

As for Smith, I think he will be waiting for a premier league club to come in for him.

I don’t think we’ll need any advice from Witton on managerial appointments.

Smith won't be replacing Potato Head then will he! Fulham if they play like they have been playing, will piss all over you lot. At least it's a day trip away from Witton

PS - can you take that useless tosser Barry back to Witton?

123, I have disliked prikdew for ages, way before he darkened our doorway.

But, he did earn his corn with promotions with reading I think.

But, your own support for Bd is not unequivocally as apparently we can go for Smith in November if it's going pear shaped.

I saw Bd manage the u23 a few times and the football was not attractive and he was not very reactivate to changing the game.

You seem to be taking it personal that I want experience, I do but, if Bd gets it I wish him the best and hope he has a brilliant managerial career with us.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    123, I have disliked prikdew for ages, way before he darkened our doorway.

But, he did earn his corn with promotions with reading I think.

But, your own support for Bd is not unequivocally as apparently we can go for Smith in November if it's going pear shaped.

I saw Bd manage the u23 a few times and the football was not attractive and he was not very reactivate to changing the game.

You seem to be taking it personal that I want experience, I do but, if Bd gets it I wish him the best and hope he has a brilliant managerial career with us.
    Yep, its not unequivocal. If we're in the bottom 8 of the championship come Nov/Dec then we will have to make a change. He will have to make a fast start because there are doubts and this appointment is a gamble.

And its not personal at all. Members of my own family are saying similar things as you. I just can't get my head around the pessimism and the need for 'experience' because when you are a club like ours, experienced managers have usually also failed somewhere.

I hope he gets it and I'll be fully behind him hoping its a success, just like I was with Pardew when he was appointed.

Lets hope he does the business and we come back to the Prem a stronger outfit!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)