+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: What a great time to have a club Q+A

Quote Originally Posted by billymorgan View Post
    Do you have any documented proof of that statement Deeranged ? Cheers
    If you Google Americans BuyBack Dens, there's big Report from Daily Mail with a pic of John Nelms saying exactly that. Sorry I can't do the link but maybe someone could. My view is that they said they would when they were trying to persuade DFCSS to allow them to take a controlling interest and then changed their mind when they realised the restrictions that would be placed on them if they did buy back the ground.

It still rankles and feels like sharp practice, even to me, but I think it is the right decision to build a new stadium and with it create the additional income streams that seem to serve other football clubs so well.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    If you Google Americans BuyBack Dens, there's big Report from Daily Mail with a pic of John Nelms saying exactly that. Sorry I can't do the link but maybe someone could. My view is that they said they would when they were trying to persuade DFCSS to allow them to take a controlling interest and then changed their mind when they realised the restrictions that would be placed on them if they did buy back the ground.

It still rankles and feels like sharp practice, even to me, but I think it is the right decision to build a new stadium and with it create the additional income streams that seem to serve other football clubs so well.
    I don’t think DFCSS can complain about sharp practice. DFCSS did not reach their fundraising target in admin 2 and the club helped them by routing some larger donations their way from people who wanted to give direct.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post

I ran that google search, most recent article was from 2015 and that was Bill Colvin. Nelms did say pre-takeover that FPS would buy Dens back and pass it onto the fans for a consideration, though. If Dundee had sold a player for £1.5m in 2015, that money could have bought Dens back and it would belong to the club, not FPS. Guess that ship has sailed now. I also wouldn't count on revenue streams from a new stadium being channelled back into the club, certainly not from non-club related activity.

just my opinion but dont think the yanks ever had any intention of buying dens back,i have passed on a few ideas re raising funds to get dens back into the clubs hands but they havnt even gained a reply(not all my suggestions btw)

they are businessmen and will see the "new ground" as a money spinner for them,thats what businessmen do!

does any1 know how much we still owe for the stands?

Can’t see hey we would be owe anything, that debt would pass to owner of the ground if anybody

Quote Originally Posted by DEE1877 View Post
    I ran that google search, most recent article was from 2015 and that was Bill Colvin. Nelms did say pre-takeover that FPS would buy Dens back and pass it onto the fans for a consideration, though. If Dundee had sold a player for £1.5m in 2015, that money could have bought Dens back and it would belong to the club, not FPS. Guess that ship has sailed now. I also wouldn't count on revenue streams from a new stadium being channelled back into the club, certainly not from non-club related activity.
    Think the whole point of the new stadium is to make money to help with the football side. You might well be right but why go to the expense of building a football stadium if they are not committed to running a football team and using the revenues that you generate to help you to do that? the article I saw was even older than 2015. The plan is different now and I think that if there had been a better cost option via buying back Dens that would have been thoroughly investigated before going down the new stadium route. Can't remember if the cost of the Campy Nou area was publicised but it must have been a consideration for them to help them to decide whether to buy Dens and develop it or move to a greenfield site.

There was no chance of JB getting a million back from FPS or anyone else. Should Dundee move, he can sell the land, assuming he gets his money back, job done. As for the future, the Texans will be absorbing the cost of the new stadium in the stadium company, why would profits go to any football club who rents from them.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    does any1 know how much we still owe for the stands?
    according to a certain doonster next door, they were paid off at 2.8p in the £. Bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by DEE1877 View Post
    There was no chance of JB getting a million back from FPS or anyone else. Should Dundee move, he can sell the land, assuming he gets his money back, job done. As for the future, the Texans will be absorbing the cost of the new stadium in the stadium company, why would profits go to any football club who rents from them.
    If they own the football club and the stadium then they can choose where the profits go. There would seem little point in charging so much rent to the football club that it would struggle. I think that Hamilton have a sympathetic arrangement between the club and the owners of their ground. Last season was a struggle for them and they paid £30k for rent. Previous year the rent was £100k. Can't find the reference but it was quoted on this forum or perhaps on the other one.

Never mentioned rent. I would hope DFC would rent the new ground at a nominal value. But right now I'm thinking phukk a new stadium, sell Caulker and Kamara and buy Dens back. It is possible. But that would mean ousting the Texans. And we've all grown weak.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)