+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: What a great time to have a club Q+A

🤡

Quote Originally Posted by DEE1877 View Post
    Never mentioned rent. I would hope DFC would rent the new ground at a nominal value. But right now I'm thinking phukk a new stadium, sell Caulker and Kamara and buy Dens back. It is possible. But that would mean ousting the Texans. And we've all grown weak.
    In the hour of need DFCSS couldn’t raise even 200k themselves, what makes you think they’d have the money for ‘ousting the texans’?

Or were you thinking someone else?

Agree. Just watched Wednesdays ‘meet the Manager’ night online as I couldn’t make it along. A really good session and that came as no surprise, big thanks to Neil, Graham, Tommy and the Football Club for making it happen.
    I believe in Neil McCann, admire him in so many ways, there’s a lot to like about him in terms of his honesty, passion, commitment, drive, vision, personal pride, etc. He and Graham Gartland are two hard working guys who give their all, tell it like it is, they seem to work well together.
    To date he has first full managerial season under his belt, got himself an assistant he works well with, up one position in the league, learned a lot about himself and his players, he also put his mark on the team in terms of knocking it into shape and getting them to play the way he wants them to. Finally and quite remarkably I think you have to give him huge credit for the actual and potential transfer fees comparable to turnover he has provided the club with in such a short period of time.
    Huge thanks, good luck and well done, really enjoyed watching it.

Liked most of what I heard from Terry.

Bring on Untied for tonight’s cup draw

Quote Originally Posted by ProvieRd View Post
    In the hour of need DFCSS couldn’t raise even 200k themselves, what makes you think they’d have the money for ‘ousting the texans’?

Or were you thinking someone else?
    never mentioned dfcss, do they even exist these days. was thinking out loud, that's all

Quote Originally Posted by DEE1877 View Post
    never mentioned dfcss, do they even exist these days. was thinking out loud, that's all
    Yes they do still exist and they are trying to help the club. I used to think that buying back Dens was a great idea and one that DFCSS could help to fund raise for. I've come round to the view that the historic repair costs for bring Dens up to modern standards and the lack of space for car parking and delivering commercial revenue, along the lines of St johnstone, are such limiting factors that a new build stadium seems to be a better option.

Haha nice one for you

Sorry that’s meant to read nice one Noah 2020 vision , you’ll get in the clique if you carry on like that 😷

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I used to think that buying back Dens was a great idea and one that DFCSS could help to fund raise for. I've come round to the view that the historic repair costs for bring Dens up to modern standards and the lack of space for car parking and delivering commercial revenue, along the lines of St johnstone, are such limiting factors that a new build stadium seems to be a better option.
    Nonsense. I have offered to buy Sandeman Properties from John Bennett, flatten Dens and build a brand new 13,000/20,000 capacity stadium which could be shared with United. I am not interested in owning DFC . . but I have recently sold Part 1 - my Sunbeam Talbot trademarks to a Chinese manufacturer for £25m. Part 2 is the installation of 4,000 EV (and hydrogen) charge points in the UK.

It's a bit like NOVAFONE. The money was not made on phones (now EV cars) but on call charges (now chargepoints).

If Nelms wants out he should let me know soon. I will deliver a new stadium with closing roof.

Name:  CP Compact 4.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  52.9 KB
    Last edited by deetox; 25-05-2018 at 09:30 PM.

Name:  Dens Park Stadium 2018.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  92.1 KB

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)