+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PL monies we get £120m

PL monies we get £120m

United get £149m to Top the table. We are 9th highest with £119.7m and West Brom at the bottom get £95m.
    The full table on Sky

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...le-for-2017-18

How much will be pumped back into the club for transfers etc.. .?

How big a cut will the owners/directors get ?

Will Dyche and the players be given a percentage bonus ?

Will they extend the Barnfields complex even more ?

Any ground improvements planned ?

Will the the player wage freeze limit be given a rise ?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    How much will be pumped back into the club for transfers etc.. .?

How big a cut will the owners/directors get ?

Will Dyche and the players be given a percentage bonus ?

Will they extend the Barnfields complex even more ?

Any ground improvements planned ?

You would think with a European campaign on the horizon and not being far off the top 6 this season we should be looking to put some into SD's transfer kitty which should still have surplus from the last few transfer windows and upping the wages a bit,
    surely now is the time to think about replacing the cricketfield stand and Bob Lord, don't think we will be putting much into the training facilities as they are brand new.
    The players and directors are more than entitled to a bonus for the best season we have had in 40 something years
    and running at a profit while improving the set up not many clubs manage that.

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    You would think with a European campaign on the horizon and not being far off the top 6 this season we should be looking to put some into SD's transfer kitty which should still have surplus from the last few transfer windows and upping the wages a bit,
    surely now is the time to think about replacing the cricketfield stand and Bob Lord, don't think we will be putting much into the training facilities as they are brand new.
    The players and directors are more than entitled to a bonus for the best season we have had in 40 something years
    and running at a profit while improving the set up not many clubs manage that.
    I would be surprised if they spent loads of money replacing both stands as we could be relegated next season (believe it or not we are only 3/1 to be relegated after the season we have just had) ,,but overall I agree with your assessment Whitty.

My guesses

How much will be pumped back into the club for transfers etc.. .? £30m plus whatever we get from sales
    Sean says this
    his team will not be free spending in this summer's transfer window despite securing Europa League football for the 2018-19 campaign.
    https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...ns_326184.html

How big a cut will the owners/directors get ? Took nothing last year. Would you object to them getting something, I wouldn’t

Will Dyche and the players be given a percentage bonus ? I’m pretty sure they will get a bonus for getting 7th / into Europe.

Will they extend the Barnfields complex even more ? Probably not.

Any ground improvements planned ? They are developing new areas now for disabled spectators basically because we have to do so.
    http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk..._to_Turf_Moor/

I should expect the wage cap of £35k if it exists will rise to £40m or so.

Only guesses though!
    Last edited by oldcolner; 17-05-2018 at 08:57 PM.

It will be business as usual.

A few layers of real quality will be added to the first team squad.

Mee and Heaton may be sold.

I can't see the Bob Lord Stand having major remedial work because despite its age it is very functional.

The Cricket Field End is problematic because we want Burnley Cricket Club to sell up and go, but that isn't happening!

Gawthorpe apart from the entrance road is pretty much perfect, so we won't be blowing dosh down there.

SD will be having a pack reshuffle and I can see a nett spend of around £40 million, I can estimate £38 million is blown already.

If Mee and Heaton go, we will probably spend that as well.

All the Director's loans are fully paid up, so it will come down to major shareholders bonuses? Who cares, we are loaded!

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    ...The players and directors are more than entitled to a bonus for the best season we have had in 40 something years and running at a profit while improving the set up not many clubs manage that.
    Couldn't agree more.

The board have known for months we'd be getting around £120m, so I would imagine whatever area is getting what, it's all been discussed with Sean, agreed on and signed off quite a while ago. I would hope the Directors aren't taking anything out, they got their loans paid back with interest, I don't expect them to be benefactors, but apart from being reimbursed any expenses they incur in running the club, I don't expect them to be taking anything out either.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    United get £149m to Top the table. We are 9th highest with £119.7m and West Brom at the bottom get £95m.
    The full table on Sky

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...le-for-2017-18
    Wasn't that long ago that 300k seemed like a massive win bonus.

Now we talk in millions!

Yes, transfers now cost a fortune but at least we are in a position to compete for what we want.

What a massive outcome for a little club.

Newcastle have admitted the club took 'a financial gamble' in their bid to bounce straight back to the Premier League in 2017.
    The Magpies, who finished in 10th place in the top flight this season, have revealed their wage bill for the 2016-17 campaign was the highest ever in the Football League.
    The club's annual accounts for the year ending June 30 2017 show annual losses of £90.9million after paying £112.2m on wages.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz5FtPlVmf9

Seems to have been a massive gamble that paid off - They made £123m from the FA monies so maybe they may have made a slight profit this year unless the bust a gut to win the PL this year with even higher wages. Now about Financial Fair Play!!
    Of course Ashley assets were low in the Championship and he wants to sell so it’s worth it to him
    Last edited by oldcolner; 18-05-2018 at 10:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)