+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yiadom joins Reading

Yiadom joins Reading

Defender will leave Oakwell after two years with the Reds.

Barnsley Football Club can confirm Andy Yiadom will depart the Club to join Reading FC in the Sky Bet Championship.

Yiadom turned down the opportunity of a new contract at Oakwell and will join the Royals when his current deal expires.

The defender made 66 appearances for the Reds after joining from Barnet in the summer of 2016, mainly as either a left or right-back. His leadership abilities both on and off the field lead to Yiadom being named captain in January 2018.

Everyone at Barnsley Football Club would like to thank Andy for his efforts and wish him every success in his future career.

Following his departure, Andy Yiadom wanted to issue the following statement:

I would like to thank everyone connected to Barnsley Football Club. The fans are unreal and have been since I joined, they’ve supported me from the first minute to the last. As well as the fans, the coaching staff and all the players I have played with at Barnsley.

Then there is the office staff as well who were always great and helpful to me, I’ll miss every member of the club. And a very special mention to Patrick Cryne who first spotted me and got me to Barnsley.

I’ll be forever in debt to Barnsley for taking me into the Championship and letting me show what I can do on a big platform. I’m truly forever grateful and although it didn’t end how we all wanted, I have had some great memories along the way.

The time is right for me to move on, and take on another opportunity.

Once again thanks for everything and I’ll always be keeping a eye out.

You Reds.

Yids.

Good luck Yids. I thought you'd get a better club than Reading but I hope it works out, at least you'll be on show for bigger clubs.

Just heard and wish him all the best.
    To be honest I fully expected him joining Hecky but from what I heard the Leeds board weren't convinced.

In other news I've also heard that Andy Liddle has just left Ipswich having been offered "another opportunity"

Wouldn't it be great if our wishes were being answered and he was to join Big Micks backroom staff at Oakwell ?!

Money grabbing barstool. A reight HC would have fecked him off last summer after his amateur hour video with Sky Sports. Club gets nowt again. Well done to all involved.

Round of applause. I'm all for players furthering their careers but not when they've took clubs pants darn.

Surprised... swapped to a club that only just survived! Mmmm
    So much for his Premiership ambition
    All about the brass

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Surprised... swapped to a club that only just survived! Mmmm
    So much for his Premiership ambition
    All about the brass

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Money grabbing barstool. A reight HC would have fecked him off last summer after his amateur hour video with Sky Sports. Club gets nowt again. Well done to all involved.

Round of applause. I'm all for players furthering their careers but not when they've took clubs pants darn.

It works both ways though. He served the club well for 2 seasons so we got our money worth. Why would the club have got shut last summer? If he went we were leaving ourselves short and we were already fekked for championship experienced players so why worsen the situation? He only did what Winnall, Hourihane, Watkins, Scowen etc did and refused improved terms. That's what's happened in football in recent times. He did the same at Barnet so it was hardly surprising he did it here. I dunt agree with it but that's the way it is mate.

I didn't like his behaviour to begin with, in trying to force a move to a bigger (or should that be a richer) club. But he did knuckle down at least and see out the rest of his contract here.
    Hes not Premship standard and I reckon hes realised this now, and Reading is probably as good as he could have hoped for.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I didn't like his behaviour to begin with, in trying to force a move to a bigger (or should that be a richer) club. But he did knuckle down at least and see out the rest of his contract here.
    Hes not Premship standard and I reckon hes realised this now, and Reading is probably as good as he could have hoped for.
    That's where my beef lies mate. It was his pre season schenanigans that p1ssed me off Pass.

Apparently he did the same at Barnet as well Ponty, so maybe he does respect contracts most of the time and wants to see them out etc. But why on earth did he lower himself to that behaviour eh, and surely he was led there by some greedy agents and/or advisors!.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast