+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we PLEASE see something that relates to Leeds United in ENGLAND??

Can we PLEASE see something that relates to Leeds United in ENGLAND??

Ok, tin hat on, (not as though I care about what sh1t gets thrown at me), but can we please see some kind of indication that matters in this country are as important to our owner and his entourage as the "development" of the Far East market?

http://the72.co.uk/102854/leeds-unit...lourdes-hitch/

Extract - "led by Leeds United coaches from the UK who will travel to China to oversee the coaching programme"....

If there is to be any investment in coaching, (given the p155 poor efforts in many areas last season), then surely we get the ER/Thorp Arch house in order first?

Cue "You're a xenophobic cnut" etc, well f00k those who think that, I just believe in charity beginning at home

Although it seems that I'm not exactly alone.....

https://leeds. v i t a lfootball .co...uss-club-news/

(take out the spaces between "v i t a l" "football" and ".co.uk)
    Last edited by WTF11; 17-05-2018 at 06:19 PM.

How DARE the club set up links in China, what are they trying to do! MAKE MONEY?! PAH who wants that!

AND its for kids! THEY CAN'T EVEN PLAY IN OUR BLOODY FIRST TEAM.

Those two coaches that are going to help could be bloody painting the toilets at Thorp Arch rather than wasting their time abroad ffs.

Radrizanni OUT

Bit of a sideways (but related) question - how often do you see kids kicking a ball around for fun in parks or elsewhere these days (i.e. not in some formal academy or other organised setting)? Do schools play against each other any more?

Nothing wrong with formal coaching, obviously, but it seems to me that over the years that English/UK kids simply play less footie for fun (or, in summer, cricket) than we (i.e. us old farts) used to do growing up.

Obviously there are "new" distractions that weren't available to us back then, but you need to play the game to, well, get better at playing the game.

You're a xenophobic cnut!

As another aside, as some of you know I've coached and still (just about) play and referee here and, though I see plenty of little gob****es that can do pointless tricks that you could never use in an actual game, the level of co-ordinated team play (both active and reactive) is still pretty dismal - a well organised team will usually work out how to beat a team of show ponies.

I know for a fact that my referee routes are different here because many teams don't play logically.

* Is obviously annoyed he can't do most of the tricks *

Those Xenos scare me too.

The Europa final last night was a bit of a masterclass in how to play as an effective team.

Since moving to Netherlands I'm pleasantly surprised how many parks and small football pitches there are around . Kids are always out playing footy a lot more then what I've seen in the UK for sure . Maybe that's just the area though

Try Google Maps

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    Since moving to Netherlands I'm pleasantly surprised how many parks and small football pitches there are around . Kids are always out playing footy a lot more then what I've seen in the UK for sure . Maybe that's just the area though
    The Dutch have a habit of retaining green space even when building high density housing such as you will find in reclaimed areas such as the Almere connurbation. They also maintain playing fields, doors facilities and other outdoor pursuit facilities in a clean, fit-for-purpose condition, takencare i their kids, make it safe for them to grow up, cycle, play football, etc etc, and if all this sounds like I like there better than here, you betcha. Family is a strange thing, gives you the highest of highs, but also the strongest of ties, sometimes not always the most beneficial. Would love to move back there, but that would mean divorce and that would be too high a price to pay. F00k knows why I've said all that, haven't even had a single drink since Tuesday (maybe THAT'S why!).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)