+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Partick Livi

Shows how poor the teams are at the bottom of the Prem, Partick were woeful over those two games, Livi was more difficult tie for us

Our clown manager lost us the tie in the home leg when we were 2-1 up going on 4-1, yet decided not to make any subs when we were tiring from the Dunfermline home tie 3 days before, but then we should never have had to play, a decent manager would have had us 2nd at worst

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Ross County just because they have the money to throw at the issue!
    No really,just think if the keep their squad they will be challenging. No really bout the doh as u boys had biggest budget last season. They have 2 inexperienced managers tho so might also struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Think in hindsight u shuda stuck we mckinnon,easiest championship for years and u cud only finish 3rd.
    Def all about the man in charge and looks a bit tougher next season.
    My doh wud be on one of the highland teams if i had to pick.
    Agree Mckinnon would have done better - I was one who wanted him out though so shows what I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Ross County just because they have the money to throw at the issue!
    It’s true easiest championship in years and we embarrassed ourselves by failing to get up.

Blame rests with ST, csaba and the team. Been a disgraceful season

Scary that next season might be even worse

I think the decision by Thompson and his monkey to keep on the manager is the final nail in the coffin of Dundee United Football Club in its present form,Livingston with one of the lowest budget's in the league have shown hard work for very little pay is all you needed to get up.
    The supporters who are saying that Shabba deserves more time to build his own squad are wrong as are the worst owner,chairman and BOD in our history,he came in with the remit to get us promoted as champion's and failed by 14 points,worse than that he failed to finish above a team promoted from league 1 last season.
    In my opinion next season's league will be tougher than this year's because,Ross County and Partick Thistle are financially stable and ICT and Falkirk will be stronger,its worth remembering that our manager came in when we were in pole position to go up and with by far the biggest budget and squad he had enough to work with to get at least 2nd.
    I know we had the 2 injuries to F and F but that surely doesna mean that Livi were good enough to finish ahead of us and beat us in the play offs?.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    Agree Mckinnon would have done better - I was one who wanted him out though so shows what I know.
    You were right to want him out though as we were brutal to watch under him,but the appointment of Shabba has been a disaster on the Mixu scale,if i could travel back in time the manager we should have kept was McNamara when hindsight tell's you who is to follow,but his position was untenable due to Thompson giving him a cut of the transfer fees.
    Its a glaring FACT that Thompson went from a competent custodian to a complete basket case as of 31-01-15 and the club has and may never recover unless we are taken over by an owner with more than half a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    You were right to want him out though as we were brutal to watch under him,but the appointment of Shabba has been a disaster on the Mixu scale,if i could travel back in time the manager we should have kept was McNamara when hindsight tell's you who is to follow,but his position was untenable due to Thompson giving him a cut of the transfer fees.
    Its a glaring FACT that Thompson went from a competent custodian to a complete basket case as of 31-01-15 and the club has and may never recover unless we are taken over by an owner with more than half a brain.
    yes - wrong decisions time after time. We are making another one now as it doesnt matter who we sign we will continue to get bullied

Have to say well done to Livi but im also a tad jealous.. Wish it was the dufc twitter account 'were going up'..
    We knocked back Hopkins last year because he was too inexperienced.. That was a sliding doors momment and in hindsight a mistake.. Problem is an experienced manager that does an excellent job gets taken up by bigger team and is unobtainable.. Jack Ross an example and now looking like going to Ipswich.. Now Hopkin has got Livi to the spl theres no chance hell ever be our manager..

Is ST still making decisions?

For this season alone, there are a number of mistakes that took us to another season of failure. For me the 18 man squad, the Lewis deal if suspicions are right, and some of the players. Then the January window that brought Lyng and Mason here!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I think the decision by Thompson and his monkey to keep on the manager is the final nail in the coffin of Dundee United Football Club in its present form,Livingston with one of the lowest budget's in the league have shown hard work for very little pay is all you needed to get up.
    The supporters who are saying that Shabba deserves more time to build his own squad are wrong as are the worst owner,chairman and BOD in our history,he came in with the remit to get us promoted as champion's and failed by 14 points,worse than that he failed to finish above a team promoted from league 1 last season.
    In my opinion next season's league will be tougher than this year's because,Ross County and Partick Thistle are financially stable and ICT and Falkirk will be stronger,its worth remembering that our manager came in when we were in pole position to go up and with by far the biggest budget and squad he had enough to work with to get at least 2nd.
    I know we had the 2 injuries to F and F but that surely doesna mean that Livi were good enough to finish ahead of us and beat us in the play offs?.
    Signed - I am sick of being tagged as negative about the club I love too - we were right - and, we are right

The board in its present form and their drivel talking, puppet manager have to go - now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)