+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your gut feeling?

What's your gut feeling?

Will Rafa stay or go?

It's last chance saloon for fatman-if he fecks Rafa around to the point where he leaves then I think the ramifications could be enormous-larger than he or possibly any of us realise. The bond between Rafa and the fans-and the fact that most of us realise that this is our chance to actually be meaningful again-is such that I think Rafa leaving would be the straw that broke many backs-mine included.

I suppose it comes down to what Ashley meant by 'every penny the club generates'. If that includes then tv money (or what is left after running costs) plus player sales and the money for finishing 10th then I think Rafa would be happy with that. If, however, he meant money from player sales only then Rafa is off and I think a collective rethink on strategy would be needed from the fans.

Our beloved owner has a habit of waiting until things are finally running smoothly then kicking us in the knackers again (and there's a large part of me that suspects it's deliberate but....he's onto such a sure thing with Rafa that surely he won't fuck this one up.....?

For that reason, my gut feeling is that Rafa will stay.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Will Rafa stay or go?

It's last chance saloon for fatman-if he fecks Rafa around to the point where he leaves then I think the ramifications could be enormous-larger than he or possibly any of us realise. The bond between Rafa and the fans-and the fact that most of us realise that this is our chance to actually be meaningful again-is such that I think Rafa leaving would be the straw that broke many backs-mine included.

I suppose it comes down to what Ashley meant by 'every penny the club generates'. If that includes then tv money (or what is left after running costs) plus player sales and the money for finishing 10th then I think Rafa would be happy with that. If, however, he meant money from player sales only then Rafa is off and I think a collective rethink on strategy would be needed from the fans.

Our beloved owner has a habit of waiting until things are finally running smoothly then kicking us in the knackers again (and there's a large part of me that suspects it's deliberate but....he's onto such a sure thing with Rafa that surely he won't fuck this one up.....?

For that reason, my gut feeling is that Rafa will stay.

Thoughts?
    Good argumentation in this post. I’m with you here.

Essentially Rafa needs assurance that he will get x amount of money to spend. And I imagine he will need it soon as West Ham are about to approach him from what I gather (he would need it soon anyway). If he gets his desired transfer budget - and I have a feeling he’s reasonsble about it - he’ll stay I’m sure. If not, I think he’s off. He’s not gonna take another season of broken promises with no chance of seeing his team prosper.

There is only one reason Rafa would leave...

Not the players
    Not the fans
    Not the city

Just one thing
    The slug that owns us and his
    Lies, deceit and lack of investment

It is so so very sad that we are even at this point.
    There should be no doubts or uncertainties get your finger out and sort it ASAP

We have overachieved this season on a shoestring
    The club and fans are in harmony .

Why oh why risk that Mike Ashley ?????

The only answer I can come up with is either to try and milk as much money out of us as possible. OR

A hatred for the NUFC fans and everything Geordie

Give him what he wants..,,what the fans want

We are at another fork in the road either invest or do like we have done in the past
    Please don’t keep making the same horrible mistakes

Grow your business aim for success

We all want the same thing...the fans and Rafa
    Some form of success
    Or an attempt at success without both hands tied behind our back

Do the right thing!!

The nagging doubt I have, despite feeling he'll stay, is why has it taken so long? If Ashley was going to give Rafa what he wanted then why hasn't he done it already? Unless he's just taking the piss out of us (entirely possible) then it could well be that he's trying to weasel out of his promise. At the least he mustn't be going to give Rafa what he's asked for initially? Then it becomes a matter of what Rafa will accept...with Ashley trying to work out what the lowest amount is that he'll accept then offer that.

Stay. FMA gave details of ‘every penny’ - player sales, ‘prize’ money and advertising.

It could of taken so long because Ashley is supposed to be on holiday?

Charnley and co can thrash out whatever deal they want but Ashley has to sign it off i believe?

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    It could of taken so long because Ashley is supposed to be on holiday?

Charnley and co can thrash out whatever deal they want but Ashley has to sign it off i believe?
    If this is true and it is totaly the way Ashley works......he should be s h a g e d with a rag mans trumpet

We are owned by a clown

He’s staying. It’s even more guaranteed than Shelvey not being in the England squad.

Stay.In any case it's Pellegrini who is West Ham number 1 target.

Staying.

Call me daft, but I think Ashley will keep to his word about giving Rafa all the money the club is making, and control of transfers... that will be enough for Rafa.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)