+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tonight

tonight

Whatever happens tonight, in my book it's been a great season. Back in August I thought "please just be better than last season". I never thought that we would reach the play offs. I was thinking finishing between 13th to 10th with the squad we had. At most a flirtation with the play offs. So to be where we are is a great achievement.
    Unlike Mansfaild we never said that we were going up automatically. Coming out with statements like you just set yourselves up to fail.
    So tonight bring it on and lets get to Wembely. COYPS!!

Quote Originally Posted by wossie View Post
    Whatever happens tonight, in my book it's been a great season. Back in August I thought "please just be better than last season". I never thought that we would reach the play offs. I was thinking finishing between 13th to 10th with the squad we had. At most a flirtation with the play offs. So to be where we are is a great achievement.
    Unlike Mansfaild we never said that we were going up automatically. Coming out with statements like you just set yourselves up to fail.
    So tonight bring it on and lets get to Wembely. COYPS!!
    Agree. COYP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes a good season and looking at our squad about the best we could have hoped for in the end. Nolan certainly squeezed everything out of them.

Yeah isn't it good to be involved in promotion for once, well done Notts on this year.

Yeh well done guys, you have been impressive this season and a great record at home to boot.
    It’s also been a better season from our camp, a little frustrating at times as we probably should have push harder for automatics but we are Coventry City and we have a habit of not doing what we would expect.
    Whatever happens tonight, sincerest congratulations on a good season, you have lots to be proud of. Nolan’s done a good job, got you organised and effective and next year has promise due to that.
    One thing i was wondering is: are you thinking like we are, that if you don’t make it up you could lose some of your better players? It’s a worry then as it’s not building on this years campaign but almost starting again instead.

Tonight

Were all secretly want to win tonight and will feel gutted and disappointed if we don't. I can accept the inevitable but as long as we put in 100% there will be no moaning from me. Come on you ***y pies.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry_fan View Post
    One thing i was wondering is: are you thinking like we are, that if you don’t make it up you could lose some of your better players? It’s a worry then as it’s not building on this years campaign but almost starting again instead.
    Despite the ex prem “names” we are very much a team without stars. I don’t honestly think any of the players couldn’t be easily replaced. Grant may be a loss (loanee) but he’s been very much average since Christmas.
    We are very much a greater sum of average parts. Nolan would be the biggest loss if that sort of disaster happened.

I expect whatever division we are in a fairly significant rebuilding exercise will take place.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry_fan View Post
    Yeh well done guys, you have been impressive this season and a great record at home to boot.
    It’s also been a better season from our camp, a little frustrating at times as we probably should have push harder for automatics but we are Coventry City and we have a habit of not doing what we would expect.
    Whatever happens tonight, sincerest congratulations on a good season, you have lots to be proud of. Nolan’s done a good job, got you organised and effective and next year has promise due to that.
    Re players, it might sound strange or ungrateful but losing our "star men" doesn't really bother me this season, apart from Grant who will probably leave anyway we have very few stand out players, Stead & Ameobi have had good seasons but age dictates that they are not irreplaceable & has been discussed on previous threads there are few of the rest that will not need replacing if we go up. All this goes to show is what a great season we have had, I think that most of us would have settled for mid table & expected Luton, Cov & Stags to be favourites, I now think we have a great chance of going all the way. COYP... Bring it on!!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Despite the ex prem “names” we are very much a team without stars. I don’t honestly think any of the players couldn’t be easily replaced. Grant may be a loss (loanee) but he’s been very much average since Christmas.
    We are very much a greater sum of average parts. Nolan would be the biggest loss if that sort of disaster happened.

I expect whatever division we are in a fairly significant rebuilding exercise will take place.
    Someone might come in for Hewitt , that's about it. . The rest are mainly journeymen coming to the end of their careers. I was hoping Liverpool would recall Virtue before tonight's game though, then we could field 11 v 11.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I was hoping Liverpool would recall Virtue before tonight's game
    For the Champions League final perchance?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast