Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 78 of 78

Thread: yess ! hes staying

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    its funny how people blame Mcabe for not being able to see into the future, then basing their argument for blaming macabe on hindsight .
    Probably one of the most relevant posts ever on here Twirlo. Excellent.

  2. #62
    I think we should have increased ticket prices to generate more money and a higher budget to get better players in. McCabe and the Prince aren't able to bankroll us into the Premier League, so we should contribute more.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    I think we should have increased ticket prices to generate more money and a higher budget to get better players in. McCabe and the Prince aren't able to bankroll us into the Premier League, so we should contribute more.
    Yeah that's what tunaman thought too !

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rovrum
    Posts
    30,262
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    I think we should have increased ticket prices to generate more money and a higher budget to get better players in. McCabe and the Prince aren't able to bankroll us into the Premier League, so we should contribute more.
    Debateable JJ

    Prices up....................ticket sales down?

    Will one counter the other?

    Just playing devils advocate

  5. #65
    yes it is debatable and a dilemma really as 58 rightly says prices go up more than likely attendances go down i think weve got it just about right just think food and drink prices could be made a bit more reasonable

  6. #66
    The oinker philosophy was that to afford better players, the ticket prices had to go up. The fly in their ointment (or oinkment..) was that they spent the extra money on tripe.

    They've done okay on Season Tickets even though they are much more expensive that us. What they have done is they've killed off the occasional visitor, the 'pay on the day' supporter, and that's just punishing those people who cannot attend all games, through work, or finances or family commitments, and this is really short sighted. Its making supporting the team into a rich mans club, and no good will come from it long term. You have to keep the club accessible to the widest group that you sensibly can.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Probably one of the most relevant posts ever on here Twirlo. Excellent.
    very relevant pal ,probably why it hasnt got many replys. he as made mistakes in HINDSIGHT and hes probably made two what everybody knew he had straight away,if wilder got us relegated next season and we end up in the bottom 5 of the first division would he have been a mistake. the prince coming on board is that a mistake ,it wasnt at the time,wiping out all of the clubs debt was that a mistake. yes hes certainly made mistakes,but hes certainly tried his best and is still trying his best.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    very relevant pal ,probably why it hasnt got many replys. he as made mistakes in HINDSIGHT and hes probably made two what everybody knew he had straight away,if wilder got us relegated next season and we end up in the bottom 5 of the first division would he have been a mistake. the prince coming on board is that a mistake ,it wasnt at the time,wiping out all of the clubs debt was that a mistake. yes hes certainly made mistakes,but hes certainly tried his best and is still trying his best.
    Good post Twirls in my view,but some of our resident King Kev "haters" will be spittin feathers at your post.We're on't march wi WILDERS army.UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 22-05-2018 at 09:40 AM.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rovrum
    Posts
    30,262
    Sky Sports now saying official

    Nowt yet on o/s yet tho, but that’s nowt new

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Sky Sports now saying official

    Nowt yet on o/s yet tho, but that’s nowt new
    It is on OS nar.WHOOPEEEEEE,our lad's stayin.UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 22-05-2018 at 03:52 PM.

  11. #71
    Owners need to meet in London more often to get things sorted.

    A good start to the new season. The pressure from CW and Sunderland seems to have paid off. Lets hope the rumour we are looking to bring Jamal in for 2.5 million is true. That will set our stall out.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Owners need to meet in London more often to get things sorted.

    A good start to the new season. The pressure from CW and Sunderland seems to have paid off. Lets hope the rumour we are looking to bring Jamal in for 2.5 million is true. That will set our stall out.
    I wunt mind Jamal comin back to BDBL but i think 2.5million is a bit steep missen,but i trust our Chris to do what's r8 for us BLADES.UTCB

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    282
    I don't know what budget CW will get but I want them to bring some money in on player departures as I dont think we have since CW took over .Any money could soften any big money we might pay out UTB

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by woodysrightfoot View Post
    I don't know what budget CW will get but I want them to bring some money in on player departures as I dont think we have since CW took over .Any money could soften any big money we might pay out UTB
    Samir bein linked wi a move to Oxford to rejoin the squinty eyed scouser,i hope we chuff the scouse git abart like he did when we were after Ricky Holmes.Shud get a bit o wonga for Samir,200k perhaps? UTCB

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Samir bein linked wi a move to Oxford to rejoin the squinty eyed scouser,i hope we chuff the scouse git abart like he did when we were after Ricky Holmes.Shud get a bit o wonga for Samir,200k perhaps? UTCB
    Agree about Robinson Rod he upped the fee last summer when we'd already got agreement on a deal and we lost out on Holmes. Only when Robinson walked did we get Holmes. We should say cash sale only. Unfortunately thats unlikely as SC has 2 and 1/2 years left on a big contract by league 1 standards. Big loan fee as an alternative with 75% of wages paid.

  16. #76
    Delighted to hear Chris, Alan and backroom staff have signed. Hopefully that is the end of a worrying period for the Club and we can now concentrate on happier things such as transfer rumours. In fact I said as much to Jamal Blackman when he drove up to the next petrol pump at Sainsbury’s Archer Road filling station today.

  17. #77
    yeah rumours that jamal would cost 2.5 mill and is on 20k a week wonder if we could get em down to 2mill and persuade him to take 15k a week for 1st team football having said that were gonna have to up our pay scale at some point if were to attract better quality players

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rovrum
    Posts
    30,262
    Quote Originally Posted by woodysrightfoot View Post
    I don't know what budget CW will get but I want them to bring some money in on player departures as I dont think we have since CW took over .Any money could soften any big money we might pay out UTB
    Aaron Ramsdale to Bournemouth?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •