+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: yess ! hes staying

It seems to me that we could have a good budget of those clubs without parachute payments....it's a good start if so.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Yes, we all know KM has made mistakes. He is the first to admit it - and it hasn't half cost him - so I'm sure he didn't intend to.
    As the old saying goes: "the only people who have never made a mistake, are the people who have never done anything".

Of course, we can all be right with hindsight. As others have said, the biggest and most expensive mistake was Robson. The sad thing about that was that practically every Blade going, knew it would be a disaster as soon as it was announced.
    That was one of those very rare occasions when we were all correct - with foresight!
    Anyone has the right to make a mistake. The key is learning from it and not making that mistake over and over and over again.

if its correct that weve a mid table budget thats surely got to be around the 12 mill mark and chris can do plenty with that if true still a bit suspicious however that some of it might come from the sale of brooks but if we can get 4 or 5 good players in that will do for me

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Agree with all that Twirls, but Robson also signed some very expensive players who appeared to me to be just going through the motions in order to pick up their (large amounts of) money. In my opinion, he was completely the wrong sort of manager for a club like ours.
    Warnock had his faults as we all know, but it is inconceivable that we would have spent 6 years (or any years) in League 1, had Neil stayed.
    Quite a few i know had had enuff of Warnock's bullsheetin,but i always said i judge a manager's tenure by whether we're in a better position after he left than we were when he arrived and in Warnock's case we most certainly were a better club after he'd left.Another ballhack King Kev dropped was sackin Blackie after 3 games,he shudda gone after the play off final v Burnley when i believe QPR were interested in tekin him as boss but if not then certainly the summer before he was sacked,This is just to let one or two know on here i know the fella's med mistakes but as Ronaldo sez those mistakes have cost him alot of wonga mek no mistake abart that.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    his biggest mistake for me and some supporters was to get rid of/want rid of warnock when we went down, then it was compounded by the appointment of robson. Robson signed some decent players,just he was pissed most of the time lol
    Warnock had burned his bridges pretty effectively with the Portsmouth thing and with his constant begging for a new contract, yet still, I agree with you. There are times to let these things slip into the past quickly, and as Warnock had a great chance of getting us back up, we shouldn't have been dicking about with Robson (..but then Turry said his mate would get us up too, and be a figure head for our marketing...or so they say)*

*Beware advisors in business. As a mate of mine used to say, "I got my team together and told them the biggest problem we have is that i'm surrounded by bloody 'Yes-men'.., and everyone agreed..."

blackwell offered mcabe his resignation after that burnley play off final and he wouldnt accept it which made it quite bizzare to sack him after only 3 games of the following season i will say though that if chris has anything like a mid table budget and with coutts and freeman back im very optimistic that we can challenge again for a top 6 spot

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    blackwell offered mcabe his resignation after that burnley play off final and he wouldnt accept it which made it quite bizzare to sack him after only 3 games of the following season i will say though that if chris has anything like a mid table budget and with coutts and freeman back im very optimistic that we can challenge again for a top 6 spot
    The Burnley play off final was 2009,Blackie was sacked in 2010 mate,abart 15 months after yet another play off flop. UTCB

oh i stand corrected then rod thought it was season after that play off debacle in any case he should have gone straight after that of all of our wembley let downs that game was absolutely shambolic dont think we had a shot did we lol best part of day was in silverspoons before game

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    oh i stand corrected then rod thought it was season after that play off debacle in any case he should have gone straight after that of all of our wembley let downs that game was absolutely shambolic dont think we had a shot did we lol best part of day was in silverspoons before game
    Shambles indeed.... The stats suggest we should have won which proves they mean nothing. Craig Beattie sums up our lack of goals that day. One to forget!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    its funny how people blame Mcabe for not being able to see into the future, then basing their argument for blaming macabe on hindsight .
    Probably one of the most relevant posts ever on here Twirlo. Excellent.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast