+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: yess ! hes staying

I think we should have increased ticket prices to generate more money and a higher budget to get better players in. McCabe and the Prince aren't able to bankroll us into the Premier League, so we should contribute more.

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    I think we should have increased ticket prices to generate more money and a higher budget to get better players in. McCabe and the Prince aren't able to bankroll us into the Premier League, so we should contribute more.
    Yeah that's what tunaman thought too !

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Debateable JJ

Prices up....................ticket sales down?

Will one counter the other?

Just playing devils advocate

yes it is debatable and a dilemma really as 58 rightly says prices go up more than likely attendances go down i think weve got it just about right just think food and drink prices could be made a bit more reasonable

The oinker philosophy was that to afford better players, the ticket prices had to go up. The fly in their ointment (or oinkment..) was that they spent the extra money on tripe.

They've done okay on Season Tickets even though they are much more expensive that us. What they have done is they've killed off the occasional visitor, the 'pay on the day' supporter, and that's just punishing those people who cannot attend all games, through work, or finances or family commitments, and this is really short sighted. Its making supporting the team into a rich mans club, and no good will come from it long term. You have to keep the club accessible to the widest group that you sensibly can.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Probably one of the most relevant posts ever on here Twirlo. Excellent.
    very relevant pal ,probably why it hasnt got many replys. he as made mistakes in HINDSIGHT and hes probably made two what everybody knew he had straight away,if wilder got us relegated next season and we end up in the bottom 5 of the first division would he have been a mistake. the prince coming on board is that a mistake ,it wasnt at the time,wiping out all of the clubs debt was that a mistake. yes hes certainly made mistakes,but hes certainly tried his best and is still trying his best.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    very relevant pal ,probably why it hasnt got many replys. he as made mistakes in HINDSIGHT and hes probably made two what everybody knew he had straight away,if wilder got us relegated next season and we end up in the bottom 5 of the first division would he have been a mistake. the prince coming on board is that a mistake ,it wasnt at the time,wiping out all of the clubs debt was that a mistake. yes hes certainly made mistakes,but hes certainly tried his best and is still trying his best.
    Good post Twirls in my view,but some of our resident King Kev "haters" will be spittin feathers at your post.We're on't march wi WILDERS army.UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 22-05-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Sky Sports now saying official

Nowt yet on o/s yet tho, but that’s nowt new

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Sky Sports now saying official

Nowt yet on o/s yet tho, but that’s nowt new
    It is on OS nar.WHOOPEEEEEE,our lad's stayin.UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 22-05-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Owners need to meet in London more often to get things sorted.

A good start to the new season. The pressure from CW and Sunderland seems to have paid off. Lets hope the rumour we are looking to bring Jamal in for £2.5 million is true. That will set our stall out.
    I wunt mind Jamal comin back to BDBL but i think £2.5million is a bit steep missen,but i trust our Chris to do what's r8 for us BLADES.UTCB

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast