+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: yess ! hes staying

no i dont rod but do understand why a few on here are critical of him he.has dropped some clangers the best thing hes done imo is keeping the ticket prices reasonable and affordable for most people especially oaps and kids plus very good adult season ticket prices but suppose that comes at a cost with not as much revenue going in to the club as for the budget i think and hope it will be round about the 6 million mark know thats not much at this level but chris would use it well might even go up to 10 to 12 million if the boy wonder is sold as i expect him to utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    no i dont rod but do understand why a few on here are critical of him he.has dropped some clangers the best thing hes done imo is keeping the ticket prices reasonable and affordable for most people especially oaps and kids plus very good adult season ticket prices but suppose that comes at a cost with not as much revenue going in to the club as for the budget i think and hope it will be round about the 6 million mark know thats not much at this level but chris would use it well might even go up to 10 to 12 million if the boy wonder is sold as i expect him to utb ftp
    I also understand some of the criticism he gets,of course mistakes have been made,we wunt have been in League one for 6 years or even in that league at all had mistakes not been made,his biggest mistake in my view was the Robson appointment but we've had our say on that disaster plenty of times.I don't think many criticise the board for ticketin prices,especially as ya say the concessionary prices.UTCB

Looking like a formal announcement could be made today

Monies promised for CW's transfer budget thought to match middle ranking teams in the Championship

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...lane-1-9172803

its funny how people blame Mcabe for not being able to see into the future, then basing their argument for blaming macabe on hindsight .

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    its funny how people blame Mcabe for not being able to see into the future, then basing their argument for blaming macabe on hindsight .
    Yes, we all know KM has made mistakes. He is the first to admit it - and it hasn't half cost him - so I'm sure he didn't intend to.
    As the old saying goes: "the only people who have never made a mistake, are the people who have never done anything".

Of course, we can all be right with hindsight. As others have said, the biggest and most expensive mistake was Robson. The sad thing about that was that practically every Blade going, knew it would be a disaster as soon as it was announced.
    That was one of those very rare occasions when we were all correct - with foresight!

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Yes, we all know KM has made mistakes. He is the first to admit it - and it hasn't half cost him - so I'm sure he didn't intend to.
    As the old saying goes: "the only people who have never made a mistake, are the people who have never done anything".

Of course, we can all be right with hindsight. As others have said, the biggest and most expensive mistake was Robson. The sad thing about that was that practically every Blade going, knew it would be a disaster as soon as it was announced.
    That was one of those very rare occasions when we were all correct - with foresight!
    his biggest mistake for me and some supporters was to get rid of/want rid of warnock when we went down, then it was compounded by the appointment of robson. Robson signed some decent players,just he was pissed most of the time lol

P.S. Without the benefit of either hindsight or foresight - I have to say that if we are to have only one owner - KM or the Prince - my personal preference would very much be that KM remains.

100% would prefer McCabe to stay out the 2 unless we were looking at major investment from The Prince......But he isn't putting that on the table so....Bye Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    his biggest mistake for me and some supporters was to get rid of/want rid of warnock when we went down, then it was compounded by the appointment of robson. Robson signed some decent players,just he was pissed most of the time lol
    Agree with all that Twirls, but Robson also signed some very expensive players who appeared to me to be just going through the motions in order to pick up their (large amounts of) money. In my opinion, he was completely the wrong sort of manager for a club like ours.
    Warnock had his faults as we all know, but it is inconceivable that we would have spent 6 years (or any years) in League 1, had Neil stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Agree with all that Twirls, but Robson also signed some very expensive players who appeared to me to be just going through the motions in order to pick up their (large amounts of) money. In my opinion, he was completely the wrong sort of manager for a club like ours.
    Warnock had his faults as we all know, but it is inconceivable that we would have spent 6 years (or any years) in League 1, had Neil stayed.
    we simply wouldn't have.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast