+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Over 3'500 sold up to 6 pm last night

Over 3'500 sold up to 6 pm last night

1st day of sales Wembley

Can't see us selling the full 25000 this time. Not that we did last time. Should still outnumber Shrewsbury though. General sale is when sales will rocket, with the once in a blue moon daytrippers going mad for a day out.

I reckon 17,500 ish this time

I don't think you'll be far wrong with that. 18000 is about the norm for us. Which in itself is amazing when we can't fill the NYS for a regular game, yet an extra 10,000 people can find the time and money to travel to London for a one off. Still, it would be embarrassing if just the 7000-8000 regulars made the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    I don't think you'll be far wrong with that. 18000 is about the norm for us. Which in itself is amazing when we can't fill the NYS for a regular game, yet an extra 10,000 people can find the time and money to travel to London for a one off. Still, it would be embarrassing if just the 7000-8000 regulars made the trip.
    Some people in London just like Wembley games and there’s the fans who are going to watch villa and Fulham and may think why not see league 1 final while I’m down here, though if that happened I doubt they be Fulham fans since they don’t have a long trip back.

Just look at 2nd leg at NYS, how many of us would predict over 11,000 fans would turn up in home end?

A lot of those had not been in years, if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Some people in London just like Wembley games and there’s the fans who are going to watch villa and Fulham and may think why not see league 1 final while I’m down here, though if that happened I doubt they be Fulham fans since they don’t have a long trip back.

Just look at 2nd leg at NYS, how many of us would predict over 11,000 fans would turn up in home end?
    There weren't 11,000 fans in the home end.
    The total gate was 11,061 so less than 10,000 Rotherham fans

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    There weren't 11,000 fans in the home end.
    The total gate was 11,061 so less than 10,000 Rotherham fans
    Thought that was home fans

1600 from S****horpe so 9460 from Rotherham.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Thought that was home fans
    The capacity is 12000
    We sold them 1200
    several hundred seats not available due to segregation
    We didn't sell out.

On these occasions I am always desperate for the club to bust a gut to sell every ticket they can. I'm always disappointed but realise that I expect too much.

When we played Orient they were selling tickets at their ground as well as on line. If that's not practical for us surely the club could have staff at NYS helping people through the online booking process. I'm sure the "online/telephone only" system will put some off.

I would have just had one day of season ticket preference on ticket purchase and made it available to all after that.

Has the club approached local shops, pubs etc. with ideas to promote sales (prize for the best window display etc.)

As I say, I am probably being unreasonable ( I would probably be sticking leaflets through every door)

I reckon about 17,000

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast