+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Darren Moore Confirmed as Manager

Darren Moore Confirmed as Manager

As expected

Good luck to him and hoping it is a great appointment.

That said I think he is a very lucky man although he did make it hard for the club not to appoint him whilst in the caretaker role. I just hope he isn’t sacked before Christmas because even in the Championship winning games takes some doing. I think he is appointed as Head coach which at least means, I suspect, that he will be kept a long way away from the transfer dealings, both in and out.

Not sure whether to be happy or sad about it but, as with all Manager/head coach appointments fully behind him and hope he leads us to the top of the Championship and into the PL. Good luck, being caretaker is one thing being Head coach completely another.

Cant see anything yet regarding the terms of his contract.

Officially a piss pot club now...

Bollux, GLM. Let's get right behind him.

Good luck to Big Dave. Love the bloke.
    Right that's the sentiment over.

What an absolutely ridiculous appointment. Who makes these decisions? Have they no perception on football. Even as a business who puts someone at the head of a multi million pound business with no experience whatsoever? Did they not even consider interviewing anyone else? It's mind boggling.
    Why was the Italian been brought in? He has been payed for doing nothing. They have essentially appointed someone by luck. Who got commitment from players which should be a given anyway.. which I might add miraculously vanished again against Palace.

I genuinely hope he has more tactical and football knowledge than how he comes across.

Sorry guys I am totally underwhelmed and hate to be negative . As I said earlier I love the bloke and noone will be more happy if he succeeds than me.
    Oh well UTB

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    Bollux, GLM. Let's get right behind him.

Totally agree as deserved on merit. Any one would have been a gamble lets face it including Smith and Pearson. Had Pearson or Smith been offered being Pardew you would most likely have said no way, or the very least - they are all ****e!

The crux of the matter is whether the owner/board will back any manager ( now Big Dave ) with hungry and quality players and not has beens like Barry, Pole or players who may decide to play or not to play i.e Chadli and Livermore.

Big Dave will also know the youth system ie Leko and Field well. A gamble, but hey anything is a gamble.

There's your Clipboard/Saunders right there, good luck with that one!

He’ll be gone by early November.

An appointment based on sentiment with no serious rationale behind it.

A good bloke but that ain’t enough I’m afraid .....I’d have preferred a b a s t a r d to sort out our squad of b a s t a r d s.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    He’ll be gone by early November.

An appointment based on sentiment with no serious rationale behind it.

A good bloke but that ain’t enough I’m afraid .....I’d have preferred a b a s t a r d to sort out our squad of b a s t a r d s.

Bet the little guy is chuffed to feck though at the salary offered!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)