+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Graeme Shinnie

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    When they’re offering £8k, £10k, £12k per week or whatever, it makes it so difficult for us.
    To answer my own question, IF he’s not going to re-sign, I’d look to sell.... but only if the bid is around or close to £2m.
    I can understand why you think that but personally I wouldn’t because he is such an important part of our team.

Even if we got £2 million for him we wouldn’t be spending all of that on a replacement,maybe half of that on the squad on SPFL and lower league England players and I can’t think of any with the same drive and enthusiasm as Shinnie has.

Anyway it would be scandalous of the club to sell him after they just announced the season ticket sales have gone up from last season.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I would be surprised if Shinnie was in a hurry to move any time soon,if he gets offered a new deal I reckon he will sign it as I get the impression he loves playing for us.
    Deffo not leaving, his contract will be extended.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Deffo not leaving, his contract will be extended.
    Source?

This is a strange one.

It honestly never occured to me that Shinnie would ever leave, other than into retirement.

He's a good player, why would he not be a target?
    Why would he not be tempted by the money?

I can't answer these questions, it's probably because I see him as a fan, but I just don't believe that he'll leave the Dons.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    This is a strange one.

It honestly never occured to me that Shinnie would ever leave, other than into retirement.

He's a good player, why would he not be a target?
    Why would he not be tempted by the money?

I can't answer these questions, it's probably because I see him as a fan, but I just don't believe that he'll leave the Dons.
    I also hope we can get him tied down with a three, four or even five year contract. He is the captain of our team and always try’s his best.
    Players nowadays though will move if they get offered a fantastic deal elsewhere. If Shinnie thinks we are stagnating and not really looking like we are ambitious enough he will certainly be more easily persuaded to grab a money opportunity down south.

Shinnie seems settled at a club he loves, and is adored by the fans. I'm sure he is paid well too.

The other thing in in favor is he has seen what's happened to his brother, not playing much and out on loan, that might put him off going down south too.

Would be very surprised if he left

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Source?
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Why?
    Because you said "deffo" as if you know something we dont

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    Shinnie seems settled at a club he loves, and is adored by the fans. I'm sure he is paid well too.

The other thing in in favor is he has seen what's happened to his brother, not playing much and out on loan, that might put him off going down south too.

Would be very surprised if he left
    Tend to agree. Think he's very settled here and I expect him to sign a new deal with AFC this summer.

Be a major blow if he did leave, like.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Because you said "deffo" as if you know something we dont
    If I do know, what the f@ck does it matter?

SF

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast