+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 79 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Graeme Shinnie

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Classic Rangers tactics to try and unsettle us just before we play them in a replay which their season is hanging on. No point speculating really. Shinnie will know what it'll mean for him and his family if he goes there. He knows he's loved here and central to our plans. If he really wants a new challenge he'll go south and try his luck in England. If he wants to make a bit of extra money and throw away his career in the process he'll go to Rangers.

There's not much the club can do, and I don't think there's much more McInnes can do. Why would Shinnie make a decision midway through the season when he can wait til summer, assess his options knowing that an offer from us will always be on the cards anyway. Makes no sense for him to make a decision now.
    Absolutely.
    No point in pishing yer pants at this non news story.

How much extra would he make at SevCo? I hear various rumours that we have offered Shinnie £8k-£10k per week. Apparently Jack is on similar.

It would make much more sense for him to go down south.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Absolutely.
    No point in pishing yer pants at this non news story.

How much extra would he make at SevCo? I hear various rumours that we have offered Shinnie £8k-£10k per week. Apparently Jack is on similar.

It would make much more sense for him to go down south.
    I'd be amazed if we're offering him anywhere near £8K a week. I'd have guessed nearer £5k, but who knows. If it's just for money, he'd be better going down south.

I'd be amazed if we're offering him anywhere near £8K a week. I'd have guessed nearer £5k, but who knows. If it's just for money, he'd be better going down south.
    That's the rumours I'm hearing.
    Offering to make him the highest paid player ever at Aberdeen.
    Could be BS of course, but if true, I don;t think the club could do much more.

Yeah I agree - can't see how the club or McInnes can do much more - the guy knows he's well loved at Pittodrie and he's getting the best offer we can possibly make him. I don't think he can realistically play at a higher level, so he's looking at jumping ship to Rangers if he stays up here, or a bottom half Championship team in England at best. He doesn't have the same ability as someone like Kenny McLean to go and play in upper Championship / possibly EPL.

8-10k. I doubt it

Hes not good enough to be our highest player ever. Good yes, not that good though

Yeah I agree - can't see how the club or McInnes can do much more - the guy knows he's well loved at Pittodrie and he's getting the best offer we can possibly make him. I don't think he can realistically play at a higher level, so he's looking at jumping ship to Rangers if he stays up here, or a bottom half Championship team in England at best. He doesn't have the same ability as someone like Kenny McLean to go and play in upper Championship / possibly EPL.
    I think that Sunderland can be a possibility if they get promoted.
    Practically guaranteed a play off spot and are pushing for 2nd in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    8-10k. I doubt it

Hes not good enough to be our highest player ever. Good yes, not that good though
    I agree, and if we wants that kind of money then let him sign for the devil...

How come the Hun link is a non story but us offering him £10k a week isn't?

:curiousfacesmiley:

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

Hun link negative

Money suggestion positive

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

I never claimed it was.
    I even clarified it could be BS.
    Key word I also used was IF. IF the club have offered him that, then in my opinion, there's not much more they can do.
    Certainly doesn't fall into the pishing yer pants at a rumour category

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Hun link negative

Money suggestion positive
    Not at all.
    Ones pishing your pants at a rumour with no real substance, the other is speculating the rumour hear, not taking as gospel (could be BS).

There is one commonality though in that the pant pishers usually are showing their incontinence at any opportunity whether valid or not for any negative discussion relating to the club.
    They should try holding on a bit longer until the facts are clear.

Page 41 of 79 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast