+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 79 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Graeme Shinnie

I would take it off him as at the end of the day he has made his feelings known he doesn't want to be here so does he deserve it?No I would say. But also take it off him and give to Devlin(or whoever) get him settled in. Shinnie would still be a leader out there. He's got a great attitude. I also think he would understand if he was to lose it. He got it because someone else was leaving two years ago

I wouldn't give it to Devlin. He's only played 11 games for us. He's still learning. Get someone in with all that money we are meant to have. Time for a proper signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I wouldn't give it to Devlin. He's only played 11 games for us. He's still learning. Get someone in with all that money we are meant to have. Time for a proper signing.

Unfortunately we are not graced with a stockpile of leaders on the pitch.

Joe Lewis? He is vocal has played a good few games and also sees the whole game. Ive always thought Keeper or CB or Sweeper should be captain

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Unfortunately we are not graced with a stockpile of leaders on the pitch.

Joe Lewis? He is vocal has played a good few games and also sees the whole game. Ive always thought Keeper or CB or Sweeper should be captain
    I'd prefer him to just stick to goalkeeping. Likewise McKenna (for however long) and Devlin to stick to defending.

I'd prefer him to just stick to goalkeeping. Likewise McKenna (for however long) and Devlin to stick to defending.
    F@ck it. Who needs a captain. Just whoevers closest go in for the coin toss

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    So if the reports are true and he has a pre contract with Wigan
    Lets not count our chickens just yet.
    Couple of posts earlier, people were convinced he had a pre-contract agreement with SevCo.

It may well end up that he goes to Wigan, but it does not appear that any deal has been done yet.
    Let's wait and see, it could just as well be a catalyst for other clubs to declare their interest.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Couple of posts earlier, people were convinced he had a pre-contract agreement with SevCo.

It may well end up that he goes to Wigan, but it does not appear that any deal has been done yet.
    Let's wait and see, it could just as well be a catalyst for other clubs to declare their interest.
    Doesn't really matter where he is going (unless its them). Hes offsky.We need to be looking to the future

Doesn't really matter where he is going (unless its them). Hes offsky.We need to be looking to the future
    Aye, we need to plan. Two windows from now I wonder who we get to replace him?

Fully agree that is the likelyhood.

Aye, we need to plan. Two windows from now I wonder who we get to replace him?
    As others mentioned before, Ferguson was probably that succession plan to replace Shinnie, however he has propelled himself into being a mainstay ahead of plan.

I agree however the question will remain, who will partner Ferguson once Shinnie goes.
    We currently have, Ball, Gleeson, Forrester, Campbell with another option of signing another player come the summertime.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

What chickens do we have to count apart from one less than we previously had? The only matter is when he goes, now or the summer.

If its the summer then McInnes will keep him skipper and I don't have an issue with that. An outgoing Shinnie as captain might be the catalyst to sign-off with silverware. And that's the bottom line. Shinnie can leave here a hero or he can be forgotten quickly. We need f@cking silverware.

His replacement captain should be Lewis without a doubt, the outstanding candidate, and a figurehead for the fans presently.

If Shinnie was to turn the tables and opt to join Sevco then he needs to leave immediately
    Last edited by BogBrush1903; 16-01-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Page 9 of 79 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast