+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Graeme Shinnie

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I don’t see the big deal to us as fans if a player leaves for free.

It’s not our money so we aren’t going to see any of it.

I could understand if the cash for a player was to be used to replace players but it clearly isn’t.We have plenty of money in the kitty from various sales and it’s not getting spent.

The big one is going to be McKenna,if he gets sold in the summer for say £7 million we will be lucky if a player is bought for £300k with it.

There’s no point in having a shiny new stadium and training ground if we have a pish team.
    Absolutely spot on.

I don’t see the big deal to us as fans if a player leaves for free.

It’s not our money so we aren’t going to see any of it.

I could understand if the cash for a player was to be used to replace players but it clearly isn’t.We have plenty of money in the kitty from various sales and it’s not getting spent.

The big one is going to be McKenna,if he gets sold in the summer for say £7 million we will be lucky if a player is bought for £300k with it.

There’s no point in having a shiny new stadium and training ground if we have a pish team.
    Aye.
    Sounds great.
    Lucky if there would be 10000 at games if we sell/lose our best players & replace them with inferior players.
    That’s a downward spiral.

If Milne & Cormack gave an iota of sense, they’ll know it’s absolutely key we have a good & competitive team (if) when we move.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Hmmm
    They are like Ray and feckin Lord Charles !!
    One for the older gents ☺

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Lucky if there would be 10000 at games if we sell/lose our best players & replace them with inferior players.
    That’s a downward spiral.
    We are not Man City, we cannot buy replacements players that are superior to the players that have left because we cannot afford to pay them what they can get elsewhere.

Its not necessarily a downward spiral, its essentially cyclical.

Aberdeen need to be a selling club. We should be buying young / developing and selling on with a plan for the next development player.
    Connor McLennan to GMS would be a good example of having someone in line to replace the leaving player.
    If we were to make money from the sale whilst having someone ready to step in, that would be the ideal scenario I presume.
    Would anyone argue against McLennan getting GMS's spot when he leaves.

Same with McKenna. if we sold for £6M, £7M, £8M or whatever, were not going to go out and replace with better and have development potential.
    Yes, you could argue we could get an older, more experienced defender that could fill his shoes adequately, but lack the sell-on factor.
    If we replaced with a player (Devlin-esque) who can improve the team and develop into an international that we can then sell on, that needs to be our model.

The revenues should then be available for improving the development, in a number of ways.
    It would take time, but thas got to be the best way to grow Aberdeen and be more successful on and off the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I disagree, firstly, where are you plucking this 10 game figure from?

Aberdeen might've only offered 100k but they knew it was going to a tribunal; however, for the sake of argument, we haven't been signing 100k players for the reserve team recently either.

Ferguson started all the opening competitive games, and he played alongside Gleeson at Pittodrie against Newco
    He had played 9 games for Hamilton before he joined. Gleeson and Forrester were bought to be automatic first picks in midfield alongside Shinnie and GMS/McGinn. In a 4-4-2 formation.....no starting spot for Ferguson. As I said, he was bought as a project to develop with a view to maybe getting a regular start next season.

What got him in early doors was the obvious-even-to-a-blind-man uselessness of a crap Forrester and a fat Gleeson. That Ferguson instantly shone was a bonus and ensured he stayed in. But no one can deny his performance level started to drop off in November. He badly needed a rest but DM refused to do so. We still got results which I suppose is what counts. He's had his rest now so hopefully he gets back to his early season form

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    We are not Man City, we cannot buy replacements players that are superior to the players that have left because we cannot afford to pay them what they can get elsewhere.

Aberdeen need to be a selling club. We should be buying young / developing and selling on with a plan for the next development player.
    Connor McLennan to GMS would be a good example of having someone in line to replace the leaving player.
    If we were to make money from the sale whilst having someone ready to step in, that would be the ideal scenario I presume.

Same with McKenna. if we sold for £6M, £7M, £8M or whatever, were not going to go out and replace with better and have development potential.
    Yes, you could argue we could get an older, more experienced defender that could fill his shoes adequately, but lack the sell-on factor.
    If we replaced with a player (Devlin-esque) who can improve the team and develop into an international that we can then sell on, that needs to be our model.

The revenues should then be available for improving the development, in a number of ways.
    It would take time, but thas got to be the best way to grow Aberdeen and be more successful on and off the pitch.
    So how do you improve the development?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

If we do sell McKenna for around £7 million what exactly happens to all of that money?

I’m not saying we should be spending the entire £7 million on players for the squad but if there was a young player we could buy for say £750k we should definitely be doing that if we have that kind of money.

I don’t think we will though.

Not going to Wigan according to Mcinnes

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Not going to Wigan according to Mcinnes
    Pant pishers can change their drawers
    I said not to count the chickens yet

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    So how do you improve the development?
    A blend of things.
    Training facilities will be one for sure, but if we were to reinvest the money towards upcoming young players that would command a fee in the future, thats another.
    We could also expand our youth scouting and development centres set-up to reach a wider base, hell, even encroach into foreign areas youth (Iceland, Finland etc)

If we do sell McKenna for around £7 million what exactly happens to all of that money?

I’m not saying we should be spending the entire £7 million on players for the squad but if there was a young player we could buy for say £750k we should definitely be doing that if we have that kind of money.

I don’t think we will though.
    I said similarly before, although I think £750k might be starting to stretch it as invariably it would also start to impact our wage base.
    But yes, reinvest £500k in an immediate replacement, with £500k on say two youngsters (like Ferguson or McLean) that could be developed.
    Funds could also be used to establish better contracts for our youngsters such that we hold on to them for longer should we opt to.

Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast