+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 79 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Graeme Shinnie

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    That was his final increment at Celtic. He wanted to play regular football again.
    Ahh I get you know - sorry I misunderstood - I thought you meant he'd knocked back £9k per week to sign for us, as in we'd offered him £9k a week on a new contract and he'd knocked it back.

I wonder if we will get a big announcement after today’s match that Shinnie has declined our offer of a new contract and is keeping his options opened.

i expect the big announcement in june

I take it the plan was to announce this after we had beaten the buns the other week but now we will wait till we play them in the cup and have nothing else to play for before confirming the inevitable. No doubt just my paranoid mind but if this happens all concerned should be hounded out asap.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    I take it the plan was to announce this after we had beaten the buns the other week but now we will wait till we play them in the cup and have nothing else to play for before confirming the inevitable. No doubt just my paranoid mind but if this happens all concerned should be hounded out asap.
    i don't think you're far off the mark.

Both Shinnie and GMS played like players who are going nowhere. Frustratingly bad, with the level of effort that makes you wish they WERE going elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Why? What difference does it make when you find out they are leaving. As long as they don’t follow the rat and give their all in remaining matches then who cares when we find out if indeed any decision has been made?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Why? What difference does it make when you find out they are leaving. As long as they don’t follow the rat and give their all in remaining matches then who cares when we find out if indeed any decision has been made?

Following the rat is the worrying conclusion. Also if todays performances are GS and GMS giving their all then they are obviously not trying to attract any interest in them which would indicate they already know and aren't worried about their futures.

I just can't see Shinnie ending up there given the number of midfielders they already have - he would only be sixth or seventh choice. Shinnie in particular was very poor today, don't think it was lack of effort - he was just sh1te. GMS has barely kicked a ball since he came back from injury, difficult to know if it's because he has mentally checked out or if he hasn't really got over the celtic injury

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I just can't see Shinnie ending up there given the number of midfielders they already have - he would only be sixth or seventh choice. Shinnie in particular was very poor today, don't think it was lack of effort - he was just sh1te. GMS has barely kicked a ball since he came back from injury, difficult to know if it's because he has mentally checked out or if he hasn't really got over the celtic injury
    I thought GMS did ok today.
    A number of times today he broke forward and showed a few tricks to get past his man.

Page 31 of 79 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast