+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 79 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Graeme Shinnie

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    What chickens do we have to count apart from one less than we previously had?
    Stranger things have happened.
    My point was that no deal has been concluded yet with Wigan.

Like McKenna (who I thought most definitely be away this window), there have been a number of clubs linked with him, yet he's still here.
    Its highly probable that he will leave, but its not a foregone conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Stranger things have happened.
    My point was that no deal has been concluded yet with Wigan.

Like McKenna (who I thought most definitely be away this window), there have been a number of clubs linked with him, yet he's still here.
    Its highly probable that he will leave, but its not a foregone conclusion
    But Wigan or not he will leave and that's never been in doubt since he entered the final year of his contract.

Mckenna is different because we have the upper hand not the player.

How long as Lewis Fergie got left on his contract? We need Jim McLean to negotiate a new one for us because he's got all the promise of earning the club a few million too..
    Last edited by BogBrush1903; 16-01-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Fully agree that is the likelyhood.

As others mentioned before, Ferguson was probably that succession plan to replace Shinnie, however he has propelled himself into being a mainstay ahead of plan.

I agree however the question will remain, who will partner Ferguson once Shinnie goes.
    We currently have, Ball, Gleeson, Forrester, Campbell with another option of signing another player come the summertime.
    Doesn't set the heather alight with who we have to replace Shinnie.

Campbell is only about 14.

If it's the summer, then McInnes will keep him skipper and I don't have an issue with that. An outgoing Shinnie as captain might be the catalyst to sign-off with silverware. And that's the bottom line. Shinnie can leave here a hero or he can be forgotten quickly. We need f@cking silverware.

If Shinnie was to turn the tables and opt to join Sevco then he needs to leave immediately
    Agree. Shinnie will stay as captain utill he leaves. Simple as that.

Taking the captaincy off The Rat, for the Scottish Cup Final, was an entirely seperate matter, and we all know what that was.

How long as Lewis Fergie got left on his contract? We need Jim McLean to negotiate a new one for us because he's got all the promise of earning the club a few million too..
    The club have stated they are already starting discussions on extending as a reward for his performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Doesn't set the heather alight with who we have to replace Shinnie.
    I think Ferguson has been fantastic and fantastic foresight that has seen him promoted ahead of plan.
    Well within the 2 window lookahead?
    I disagree that this is not a positive "setting the heather alight" as you put it.

Campbell is only about 14.
    LOL.he'll be 18 in a couple of months and is one for the future.
    19 months younger than Ferguson.
    No need to buy (two transfer window philosophy) if we can promote youth into the team

I think Ferguson has been fantastic and fantastic foresight that has seen him promoted ahead of plan.
    Well within the 2 window lookahead?
    I disagree that this is not a positive "setting the heather alight" as you put it.

LOL.he'll be 18 in a couple of months and is one for the future.
    19 months younger than Ferguson.
    No need to buy (two transfer window philosophy) if we can promote youth into the team
    Jumping the gun a bit there. I originally thought Ferguson was never meant to step into the first team but from what I've heard that was one of the reasons he came to us.

I never said he was setting the heather alight either, he clearly is. I'm talking about the ones you mentioned that are already at the club.

I'm also aware that Campbell isn't actually 14 but he's not going to have the same attitude as Ferguson. I think he's going to be a cracking player but not the same as Ferguson.

We can't play Ferguson and Campbell at the heart of the midfield immediately. Maybe not even next year either. Weren't you the one going on about burn out?

We need someone experienced to take over from Shinnie. Preferably not a LB. Although we do need one of those.

Jumping the gun a bit there. I originally thought Ferguson was never meant to step into the first team but from what I've heard that was one of the reasons he came to us.

I never said he was setting the heather alight either, he clearly is. I'm talking about the ones you mentioned that are already at the club.

I'm also aware that Campbell isn't actually 14 but he's not going to have the same attitude as Ferguson. I think he's going to be a cracking player but not the same as Ferguson.

We can't play Ferguson and Campbell at the heart of the midfield immediately. Maybe not even next year either. Weren't you the one going on about burn out?

We need someone experienced to take over from Shinnie. Preferably not a LB. Although we do need one of those.
    I agree that Ferguson and Campbell as the mainstay of the midfield is not an immediate likely scenario, but not impossible for the odd game.
    They should be good enough to be pitched in together for the Scottish Cup game for example.
    My point about Campbell was that youth can be a way to fill gaps of those leaving.
    If he were to to be planned to feature more next year (2 windows) or even the year after (4 windows), its part of succession planning.

I think too many are writing off the other players, Gleeson for example has shown enough about him to suggest he could step in alongside Ferguson in midfield were Shinnie to leave this window.

Ball has shown decent cover and whilst forrester is further down the list, I'm still willing to see if he can come good.

I agree that Ferguson and Campbell as the mainstay of the midfield is not an immediate likely scenario, but not impossible for the odd game.
    They should be good enough to be pitched in together for the Scottish Cup game for example.
    My point about Campbell was that youth can be a way to fill gaps of those leaving.
    If he were to to be planned to feature more next year (2 windows) or even the year after (4 windows), its part of succession planning.

I think too many are writing off the other players, Gleeson for example has shown enough about him to suggest he could step in alongside Ferguson in midfield were Shinnie to leave this window.

Ball has shown decent cover and whilst forrester is further down the list, I'm still willing to see if he can come good.
    I think there might be something in Gleeson but do you think any of them are better than Shinnie?

I think there might be something in Gleeson but do you think any of them are better than Shinnie?
    Keeping in mind the level of opposition in Dubai I'm sure Gleeson is well good enough to be a first team player week in week out. Forrester is ****e.

Page 10 of 79 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast