+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Graeme Shinnie

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    There bottom of league 1 were at Pittodrie we hardly need 6 defenders on the field
    McInnes has the majority of Aberdeen fans convinced that at least 6 defensive players (7 if you include the goalkeeper) is the way we should play our matches. Attacking football is not what they really want now. McInnes has worn them into submission.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    McInnes has the majority of Aberdeen fans convinced that at least 6 defensive players (7 if you include the goalkeeper) is the way we should play our matches. Attacking football is not what they really want now. McInnes has worn them into submission.
    Perhaps we could practice our all out man marking tatics agaisnt them

Perhaps we could practice our all out man marking tatics agaisnt them
    Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Brilliant
    Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I think Ferguson has been fantastic and fantastic foresight that has seen him promoted ahead of plan.
    Well within the 2 window lookahead?
    I disagree that this is not a positive "setting the heather alight" as you put it.

LOL.he'll be 18 in a couple of months and is one for the future.
    19 months younger than Ferguson.
    No need to buy (two transfer window philosophy) if we can promote youth into the team
    I'm not so sure about Ferguson being "promoted ahead of time"... Aberdeen FC do not usually spend £250,000 or whatever to wait for the player to break through. Ferguson pretty much went straight into the first team and his level of performance kept him there...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I'm not so sure about Ferguson being "promoted ahead of time"... Aberdeen FC do not usually spend £250,000 or whatever to wait for the player to break through. Ferguson pretty much went straight into the first team and his level of performance kept him there...
    We offered £100k...

There is absolutely no way Ferguson was envisaged to start more than 10 games this season, he was bought as a (albeit far higher quality) "project" in a similar way to Cosgoals. That he ended up a first pick was down to DM realising to his abject horror that Gleeson who was purchased to be first choice was nowhere near up to the job (and indeed resulted in the later acquisition of Ball to cover for Ferguson as, naturally for someone so young, it was thought he would need rested fairly frequently. It was amazing that situation didn't occur earlier but by early December it was obvious to everyone except DM that young Ferguson was badly in need of a rest.....

Quote Originally Posted by tencaat View Post
    We offered £100k...

There is absolutely no way Ferguson was envisaged to start more than 10 games this season, he was bought as a (albeit far higher quality) "project" in a similar way to Cosgoals. That he ended up a first pick was down to DM realising to his abject horror that Gleeson who was purchased to be first choice was nowhere near up to the job (and indeed resulted in the later acquisition of Ball to cover for Ferguson as, naturally for someone so young, it was thought he would need rested fairly frequently. It was amazing that situation didn't occur earlier but by early December it was obvious to everyone except DM that young Ferguson was badly in need of a rest.....
    We would have known we were getting him for £100k and as I said earlier, he didn't come here to play 10 games..

Quote Originally Posted by tencaat View Post
    We offered £100k...

I disagree, firstly, where are you plucking this 10 game figure from?

Aberdeen might've only offered 100k but they knew it was going to a tribunal; however, for the sake of argument, we haven't been signing 100k players for the reserve team recently either.

Ferguson started all the opening competitive games, and he played alongside Gleeson at Pittodrie against Newco
    Last edited by BogBrush1903; 16-01-2019 at 05:56 PM.

Why are we starting with two defensive midfielders v a league one team at home ?
    Because all we have are defensive midfielders.

Ach, good luck to Shinnie if he goes. It’s only about the cash if you go somewhere like Wigan and you can’t really blame him.

He’s been a good servant but really is no great shakes in midfield so I’m hopeful we can replace him without too much difficulty though you never know with DM.

Devlin for captain for me, shown all the qualities needed. I’m nae a fan of keepers as captains as you can’t get round and influence the outfield players enough. Haven’t seen the level of talking and getting in folks faces that Devlin offers from McKenna either.

As others have said, I’d move Shinnie to LB for the rest of the season to solve that issue short term if he’s going. Gleeson has looked worth a run last couple of games so I think is worth a run of games in the middle.

Shinnie leaving might just, maybe, possibly, perhaps encourage our esteemed leader to look at centre midfield and the need for some creativity & forward thinking intent?
    Maybe even look this window? Probably wishful thinking...

Either way, this must be the last time we let a saleable asset like Shinnie run his contract down to leave for free. Ridiculous mismanagement.

1 year to go we make the offer to sign a new deal. If they say no we sell them. We clearly work 2 windows ahead after all so this is a very easy way to manage our contracts and resources.

Letting assets like Shinnie walk for nothing is piss poor management of the playing resources...
    Last edited by The_Moog; 16-01-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Because all we have are defensive midfielders.

Ach, good luck to Shinnie if he goes. It’s only about the cash if you go somewhere like Wigan and you can’t really blame him.

He’s been a good servant but really is no great shakes in midfield so I’m hopeful we can replace him without too much difficulty though you never know with DM.

Devlin for captain for me, shown all the qualities needed. I’m nae a fan of keepers as captains as you can’t get round and influence the outfield players enough. Haven’t seen the level of talking and getting in folks faces that Devlin offers from McKenna either.

As others have said, I’d move Shinnie to LB for the rest of the season to solve that issue short term if he’s going. Gleeson has looked worth a run last couple of games so I think is worth a run of games in the middle.

Shinnie leaving might just, maybe, possibly, perhaps encourage our esteemed leader to look at centre midfield and the need for some creativity & forward thinking intent?
    Maybe even look this window? Probably wishful thinking...

Either way, this must be the last time we let a saleable asset like Shinnie run his contract down to leave for free. Ridiculous mismanagement.

1 year to go we make the offer to sign a new deal. If they say no we sell them. We clearly work 2 windows ahead after all so this is a very easy way to manage our contracts and resources.

Letting assets like Shinnie walk for nothing is piss poor management of the playing resources...
    I don’t see the big deal to us as fans if a player leaves for free.

It’s not our money so we aren’t going to see any of it.

I could understand if the cash for a player was to be used to replace players but it clearly isn’t.We have plenty of money in the kitty from various sales and it’s not getting spent.

The big one is going to be McKenna,if he gets sold in the summer for say £7 million we will be lucky if a player is bought for £300k with it.

There’s no point in having a shiny new stadium and training ground if we have a pish team.

Page 13 of 79 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast