+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 46 of 79 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Graeme Shinnie

^^^
    You wouldnt take Alfredo?
    Morals aside, if a similar snarling feral mutant South American who liked a goal and caused defenders as much ball ache as does, turned up at Pittodrie tomorrow i think he’d be unanimously accepted. Perfect foil for big Cosgrove. Wonder how much DNA cash is left?

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    ^^^
    Morals aside, if a similar snarling feral mutant South American who liked a goal and caused defenders as much ball ache as does, turned up at Pittodrie tomorrow i think he’d be unanimously accepted. Perfect foil for big Cosgrove. Wonder how much DNA cash is left?
    He'd get dogs abuse on here for not scoring against Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    ^^^
    No thanks.

I'm all for a bit of self confidence and arrogance and even a mean streak in players - such as Ferguson and Shinnie. But I'm not interested in having cheats at the club. Ability wise, he's a good player (not as good as Rangers fans think he is) but no way I'd want that crater anywhere near our club.

Love the guys attitude, but his booking last night was idiotic and unnecessary.
    Kent was 40 yards from goal, and had our entire defence in front of him.
    No need for Shinnie to slide in and bring him down - it was what I would call a typical Shinnie booking.
    He'll be a huge miss in the semi as we don't have a direct replacement for him.

Would DM gamble with Ferguson & Campbell as a "2", or will he rush Logan back (unlikely in the timescale) and put Ball in there?
    Gleeson is another option but he seems way down the pecking order.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Love the guys attitude, but his booking last night was idiotic and unnecessary.
    Kent was 40 yards from goal, and had our entire defence in front of him.
    No need for Shinnie to slide in and bring him down - it was what I would call a typical Shinnie booking.
    He'll be a huge miss in the semi as we don't have a direct replacement for him.

Would DM gamble with Ferguson & Campbell as a "2", or will he rush Logan back (unlikely in the timescale) and put Ball in there?
    Gleeson is another option but he seems way down the pecking order.
    Surely Gleeson will be the direct replacement, and that will be his favoured position. It would be interesting to see if he prospers without Shinnie

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Surely Gleeson will be the direct replacement, and that will be his favoured position. It would be interesting to see if he prospers without Shinnie
    We have 4 games before the Tims game. I'd try the three that worked so effectively in the last 2 games for a least some of these matches.

I'd have a look at trying Devlin at right-back over the next four games as would prefer Ball over Gleeson in the Semi. Lowe gets pushed up and we have our strongest centre back three pairing. Allows extra central midfielder, Campbell, to keep the terrier like trio in middle of the park.

Wouldn't fancy Gleeson over 90 minutes, possibly extra-time. Devlin fitness possibly an issue - and potentially could be Ball-like a la Motherwell semi. But we won't know if we don't try and surely most would agree that when fit, Devlin has looked a solid addition with the right mental strength. Think we've ascertained Gleeson's limits as have we Wilson's. Bench fodder until suitable replacements are hopefully lined up in the summer.

The Tynecastle game would be the one that might indicate if it would work but if Devlin is physically ready, let's start getting him match sharp as from Saturday's Livi game where we're more than likely wanting Lowe pushed up. Shinnie pushed up, Ball rotating with Campbell and maybe consider giving Ferguson a breather.
    Last edited by vinnydesalvo; 13-03-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Latest rumour is that Luton Town are interested in Signing Shinnie (from the Daily Express for what it's worth). They are well placed to be promoted to the Championship and will be looking to strengthen. His brother Andrew already plays for them. I have no idea if there is any truth in this but it's the sort of club I would expect to be interested in a Shinnie type player and would be able to offer better wages than we can.

As an aside he will feel at home there as they are also in the process of getting approval for a new stadium!!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    As an aside he will feel at home there as they are also in the process of getting approval for a new stadium!!
    Yes, but a slight difference is their new stadium will still be in Luton and under 500m from the main rail station.

Whereas ours may be in the countryside, 10km from the city centre and only rail station.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Latest rumour is that Luton Town are interested in Signing Shinnie (from the Daily Express for what it's worth). They are well placed to be promoted to the Championship and will be looking to strengthen. His brother Andrew already plays for them. I have no idea if there is any truth in this but it's the sort of club I would expect to be interested in a Shinnie type player and would be able to offer better wages than we can.

Also see they are dismissing the link to Rangers.
    I said Sunderland in the summer was an option if they got promoted and Luton also falls into that category with easy links back to the North East.

Page 46 of 79 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast