+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 79 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Graeme Shinnie

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Exactly,fair enough if Willie Miller criticises them,he can do it as much as he wants because he actually qualified for tournaments but someone needs to remind the likes of Adam and Thompson that they weren’t good enough either.
    Pretty depressing looking at the France '98 squad and remembering that Jim Leighton was still playing the last time Scotland qualified for anything. No one under the age of 25 will even remember France 98. Folk turning 21 this year who weren't even born last time Scotland play at a major tournament. Shameful.

Good to hear our illustrious leader speaking up on his latest interview on Red TV and defending Shinnie, the sort of thing a club manager should be doing so fair play to DM for that, well done min.
    Back to Shinnie and his future, surely to fk he has kept everybody wondering will he wont for more than long enough now and it is well past the time for him to tell the club and everyone associated with it if he is staying or not. I can't help thinking it is very unprofessional and disrespectful of him for his silence.
    If he leaves I personally could not give a flyin fk where he goes (including if that were to be the newest club in scotland) it is purely his decision and entirely up to him
    I just believe he has dicked around on this long enough and the clube deserves to know if he intends to leave or wants to stay

SF

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Pretty depressing looking at the France '98 squad and remembering that Jim Leighton was still playing the last time Scotland qualified for anything. No one under the age of 25 will even remember France 98. Folk turning 21 this year who weren't even born last time Scotland play at a major tournament. Shameful.
    We must have been spoiled when we were younger as Scotland qualifying was a given. How football has changed!

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We must have been spoiled when we were younger as Scotland qualifying was a given. How football has changed!
    Scotland have only qualified for 8 out of 21 WCs (6 in 24 years) and 2 out of 15 euros which landed in the aforementioned 24 years. Its safe to say Scotland are achieving what they have done for most of their existence during times of big tournaments. F@ck all. That 24 years was a period of over achievement.

Anyway, McInnes. fits happening with the boy. A simple "Aye" or "Naw" will suffice

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Scotland have only qualified for 8 out of 21 WCs (6 in 24 years) and 2 out of 15 euros which landed in the aforementioned 24 years. Its safe to say Scotland are achieving what they have done for most of their existence during times of big tournaments. F@ck all. That 24 years was a period of over achievement.

Anyway, McInnes. fits happening with the boy. A simple "Aye" or "Naw" will suffice
    McInnes knows it is a naw. He just doesn’t fancy telling Russ Richardson as goodness knows what state of a replacement we could find.

Double post

If Shinnie was staying I think we would have made a decision by now. I would actually be surprised if he signs for the h*ns. He's a very good player for us but I doubt he's the type of player they will be looking at if they are serious about winning the league in the near future, which is what the unwashed will demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    To be fair, you can't really compare pre 74 with post 98. In the '66 and '70 qualifiers we finished second in our groups to Italy and W. Germany respectively. In '62 we were knocked out in a play off against Czechoslovakia who lost in the Final to Brazil.

Post '98 has been characterised by perpetual embarrassment and contriving to make the worst out of seemingly benign groups. The only notable exception was the romance of the Euro 2008 which was more like the 'glorious failures' of old.

If Shinnie was staying I think we would have made a decision by now.
    The same was said about Logan.
    I still think Sunderland and Luton pose a significant risk though.

If Shinnie was staying I think we would
    have made a decision by now. I would actually be surprised if he signs for the h*ns. He's a very good player for us but I doubt he's the type of player they will be looking at if they are serious about winning the league in the near future, which is what the unwashed will demand.

To be fair, you can't really compare pre 74 with post 98. In the '66 and '70 qualifiers we finished second in our groups to Italy and W. Germany respectively. In '62 we were knocked out in a play off against Czechoslovakia who lost in the Final to Brazil.

Post '98 has been characterised by perpetual embarrassment and contriving to make the worst out of seemingly benign groups. The only notable exception was the romance of the Euro 2008 which was more like the 'glorious failures' of old.
    I think the other thing that can’t be ignored are the political changes. In the earlier years Russia and Yugoslavia were two countries, now they are 21 countries (I think) trying to qualify with many of the 21, high quality teams

There were a lot of factors contributed to last week’s result. Calls offs due to the pitch, travel time, etc. It’s not isolated though. Been watching Scotland and going through the highs and mainly lows since the mid 80s. Belarus, Macedonia, Estonia, Lithuania, Georgia twice, Maldova and now Kazakhstan have all taken points off us. The vast majority of teams of our ranking beat these teams home and away. Some of it must be down to attitude.

Page 53 of 79 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast