+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Graeme Shinnie

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    No but he wouldn’t have started against Kazakhstan either if Robertson and Tierney hadn’t been “injured “.

Shinnie is getting a lot of abuse for the defeat,some of its deserved but Tierney and Robertson played as bad in the defeat to Israel last year so I don’t think it’s a case of if one of them was playing instead of Shinnie then Scotland would have won.
    I suppose it wouldn’t have mattered who was at left back as we were never going to win the match anyway.
    Shinnie has an extremely poor game defensively though as did McKenna. Rather they done that for Scotland than Aberdeen though.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Find the right tune to go with those lyrics and it could go down well in the stands
    Daydream Believer is a catchy little number...

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Daydream Believer is a catchy little number...
    Chorus is used for “Cheer up Slippy G”
    Would your words fit the verse?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I suppose it wouldn’t have mattered who was at left back as we were never going to win the match anyway.
    Shinnie has an extremely poor game defensively though as did McKenna. Rather they done that for Scotland than Aberdeen though.
    They certainly did and they definitely won’t be the last to have a bad game for Scotland.

The thing that makes me laugh is the former Scotland players that have been in the press this week,Charlie Adam and Steven Thompson were both saying that the players aren’t good enough and there must be better players out there than the current squad.

They weren’t good enough either that’s why we never qualified for a tournament when they were playing

They certainly did and they definitely won’t be the last to have a bad game for Scotland.

The thing that makes me laugh is the former Scotland players that have been in the press this week,Charlie Adam and Steven Thompson were both saying that the players aren’t good enough and there must be better players out there than the current squad.

They weren’t good enough either that’s why we never qualified for a tournament when they were playing
    It would be hilarious if Scotland never beat San Marino just to see that little Masonic weasel Alan McRae squirming.
    Still, big Eck can still be kept warm by his EBT

McKenna and Shinnie are very decent players but unfortunately had a bad game...it happens. I can’t remember Steven Thompson or Charlie Adam setting the heather alight in their international caps.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    McKenna and Shinnie are very decent players but unfortunately had a bad game...it happens. I can’t remember Steven Thompson or Charlie Adam setting the heather alight in their international caps.
    Exactly,fair enough if Willie Miller criticises them,he can do it as much as he wants because he actually qualified for tournaments but someone needs to remind the likes of Adam and Thompson that they weren’t good enough either.

Exactly,fair enough if Willie Miller criticises them,he can do it as much as he wants because he actually qualified for tournaments but someone needs to remind the likes of Adam and Thompson that they weren’t good enough either.
    Maybe McLeish should hire Miller to teach his defenders how to defend?

Charlie Adam knows naff all about the Scottish game. Just lazy lip service from the 5 Live folk. Get a Guff based Scot with slow enough diction to talk about a team he knows nothing about. Mind Adam in the Wales away game trying to get close to Gareth Bale prior to him smashing home the winner. I can remember a journalist being none too complimentary about his contribution that night.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    Charlie Adam knows naff all about the Scottish game. Just lazy lip service from the 5 Live folk. Get a Guff based Scot with slow enough diction to talk about a team he knows nothing about. Mind Adam in the Wales away game trying to get close to Gareth Bale prior to him smashing home the winner. I can remember a journalist being none too complimentary about his contribution that night.
    Charlie Adam had one good season and suddenly thought he was Zidane. Big fat waste of space who did absolutely nothing for Scotland. Steven Thompson... did even less.

Shinnie, McKenna and the rest were all dreadful, but I'd rather see those kind of guys - playing regularly for their teams in Scotland, than dross like that Palmer chap and McBurnie who are utter garbage from English lower leagues.

How we can be that bad is down to management rather than solely the players. On paper we've got some good players - it's a pity we have a lot of decent players who are all very similar in position and style in central midfield - McGregor, McGinn, McTominay, McLean, Armstrong. Forrest and Fraser are very good to have on either side of a decent striker if we had one. The boy McBurnie is never going to score goals and the guy McNulty missed a heap of sitters.

Bain
    Paterson Tierney McKenna Robertson
    McTominay (or McGregor)
    Forrest McGinn Armstrong (or McLean) Fraser
    Burke

That should be a reasonable team you'd think. No real leader, or striker there though and goalkeeper isn't as strong as we've enjoyed over the last 10 or so years.

Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast