+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Graeme Shinnie

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I thought GMS did ok today.
    A number of times today he broke forward and showed a few tricks to get past his man.
    The problem for me is that we need him to be much better than just ok. We need him scoring goals and creating chances, neither of which he did today. He should be our most creative player when at his best, which is maybe why I hold him to a higher standard and why I have been disappointed with him it’s the break

Both assists today were from “defensive” players

hardly an ITK post but Ryan Jack's father in law 'would not be surprised' if Shinnie ended up at huns. Shinnie and Jack great muckers. No deal yet though all according to the father in law

Just a random thought on this as it drags on and on and on ffs
    Is it now a standard "copy and paste type statement" from our illustrious leader every 2 weeks.

Jan 18th - "We will have some clarity on Graeme in the next couple of weeks"
    Feb 1st - "as above"
    Feb 15th - "as above"

Guess the next one is scheduled for round about the 1st March ffs

WTF is this all about.

The cloak & dagger nonsense suggests one of two things;

1) he genuinely doesn’t know where he’ll be (unlikely?)
    2) he’s agreed a deal with the scum (although I find it hard to believe the scum wouldn’t leak it out to one of their hun lap dogs they have in the Daily Rectum or the S*n).

The longer it goes, the more likely he’ll do a Logan and sign on again.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The cloak & dagger nonsense suggests one of two things;

1) he genuinely doesn’t know where he’ll be (unlikely?)
    2) he’s agreed a deal with the scum (although I find it hard to believe the scum wouldn’t leak it out to one of their hun lap dogs they have in the Daily Rectum or the S*n).
    Whatever the reason, rightly or wrongly his silence does reek of him having something to hide - and that reeks of hunnery.

IF he's Sevco bound, and IF they got past Killie, expect some sort of leak pre quarter final match. Its just what those minks would do.

Mind you, they could leak something that was just made up s'hite too - lets face it they've got plenty previous.

One thing that is beyond dispute though is the current situation is extremely irritating for the fans...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Whatever the reason, rightly or wrongly his silence does reek of him having something to hide - and that reeks of hunnery.

IF he's Sevco bound, and IF they got past Killie, expect some sort of leak pre quarter final match. Its just what those minks would do.

Mind you, they could leak something that was just made up s'hite too - lets face it they've got plenty previous.

One thing that is beyond dispute though is the current situation is extremely irritating for the fans...
    So the only conclusion I can make is, as RST alluded to earlier, at this moment in time, the player genuinely does not know where his future is. At least with GMS, we all have a pretty good idea where he will end up.

Shinnie must be weighing up options from England, sizing them up against the AFC offer, and hoping that something bigger and better comes along.

For what it's worth, I don't see him going to Sevco in a million years. He wants to leave here in the right manner, for his family's benefit as much as anything, and he knows him and his family would not be able to set foot in his home city, if he did the unthinkable.

I'm now swithering, and think that he might well end up doing a Logan.

I think part of the issue will be that most of the English Championship sides that he might sign for like Wigan won't know what division they will be playing in next season so won't know budgets etc so won't be rushing to sign up, with all due respect, what they will regard as a middle of the road battling midfielder. It also cuts both ways, Shinnie himself might view a move to Wigan in the Championship as fairly attractive but Wigan in League 1 as a career dead-end move.

My take is that its down to money.
    I think Shinne was expecting McKenna to go in January, and expected an improved offer on the back impending transfer fee being received.
    Now that McKenna hasn't gone, its going to be a free for all in the Summer.
    I would expect the huns to have made an offer of terms, and expect them to clear out some of the surplus midfielders that they have. However he would have recognised his best interests are not grabbing the first first offer in January, when Aberdeen ultimately are never going to withdraw their offer
    Aberdeen are being weak, or at least lack the confidence that they could bring in a replacement

Page 32 of 79 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast