+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 79 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Graeme Shinnie

Graeme Shinnie

With rumoured interest from Bristol City (& others allegedly) & with just 12 months on his contract left, with no sign of an extension...

Do we:

1) sell if we get a 7 figure bid
    2) Keep him until January & sell for less than half
    3) let his contract run down & get nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    With rumoured interest from Bristol City (& others allegedly) & with just 12 months on his contract left, with no sign of an extension...

Do we:

Answer: none of the above. We give him a new contract and he stays here until the end of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Answer: none of the above. We give him a new contract and he stays here until the end of his career.
    Yes, that would be the preference.
    However, the thread was on the assumption “there was no sign of an extension”.

Was reading on Twitter that the Bristol City interest was for Andrew and nae Graeme as Andrew has just left Birmingham. Could be wrang like.

I would be surprised if Shinnie was in a hurry to move any time soon,if he gets offered a new deal I reckon he will sign it as I get the impression he loves playing for us.

Do we:

I must admit this is one I am pretty worried about. Over the last couple of years or so we usually have our key players tied up quite a bit before their final year of contract. Those key players that have gone into their final year have more often than not left e.g. McLean, Rat. In my mind Shinnie is up there as one of the most key players so defo we need to be getting him signed up again.

However in an attempt to answer your question, I definitely wouldn't go for option 2 as it's so disruptive to lose a key player at that time of year and usually for a pittance if less than six months to go when he can sign a pre-contract. On your option 1 it depends how big the 7 figures are. If it's a bare million I wouldn't be interested as look how close we came to making/losing £500K from 2nd v 4th, plus getting to a semi final is usually worth circa £500K with the final another £500K on top of that so we would be better off keeping our top players and having a real go at winning a cup/pushing Celtic in league. If it was silly money 7 figures then may be interested if we got guarantees that we could re-invest most of the money in the team

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I would be surprised if Shinnie was in a hurry to move any time soon,if he gets offered a new deal I reckon he will sign it as I get the impression he loves playing for us.
    I agree, but when he sees his midfield mate leaving for Norwich & £12k per week for 3 years, he might like that more.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonDandy View Post
    Was reading on Twitter that the Bristol City interest was for Andrew and nae Graeme as Andrew has just left Birmingham. Could be wrang like.
    Here you go...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/18...deens-shinnie/

I know for a fact Bristol C were watching Shinnie, also McKenna and Christie. Whether any of that translated into serious interest I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    I know for a fact Bristol C were watching Shinnie, also McKenna and Christie. Whether any of that translated into serious interest I don't know.
    When they’re offering £8k, £10k, £12k per week or whatever, it makes it so difficult for us.
    To answer my own question, IF he’s not going to re-sign, I’d look to sell.... but only if the bid is around or close to £2m.

Page 1 of 79 1231151 ... LastLast