+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Graeme Shinnie

Don’t mind Bain as a keeper but the team needs an experienced spine. I’d still go with Marshall or Gordon. Tierney has got to be right back. Probably better with Mulgrew or Berra alongside McKenna. Maybe Fletcher up front until Thumb sorts himself out.

Interesting to see the number of Aberdeen based guys in the starting line up yesterday

Bain (Aberdeen Youth player)
    O'Donnell (Aberdeen Youth player)
    McKenna (Aberdeen Youth player)
    Fraser (Aberdeen Youth player)
    Armstrong (Youth player from Aberdeen)

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    Don’t mind Bain as a keeper but the team needs an experienced spine. I’d still go with Marshall or Gordon. Tierney has got to be right back. Probably better with Mulgrew or Berra alongside McKenna. Maybe Fletcher up front until Thumb sorts himself out.
    Tierney is a decent player, but has dropped a level.
    I hate that he's missed this double header but will declare himself fit for the cheeks clash this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I hate that he's missed this double header but will declare himself fit for the cheeks clash this weekend.
    He has form for that too. Second time hes missed internationals for the newest derby in Scottish football

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Charlie Adam had one good season and suddenly thought he was Zidane. Big fat waste of space who did absolutely nothing for Scotland. Steven Thompson... did even less.

Shinnie, McKenna and the rest were all dreadful, but I'd rather see those kind of guys - playing regularly for their teams in Scotland, than dross like that Palmer chap and McBurnie who are utter garbage from English lower leagues.

How we can be that bad is down to management rather than solely the players. On paper we've got some good players - it's a pity we have a lot of decent players who are all very similar in position and style in central midfield - McGregor, McGinn, McTominay, McLean, Armstrong. Forrest and Fraser are very good to have on either side of a decent striker if we had one. The boy McBurnie is never going to score goals and the guy McNulty missed a heap of sitters.

Bain
    Paterson Tierney McKenna Robertson
    McTominay (or McGregor)
    Forrest McGinn Armstrong (or McLean) Fraser
    Burke

That should be a reasonable team you'd think. No real leader, or striker there though and goalkeeper isn't as strong as we've enjoyed over the last 10 or so years.
    I think most of us on here would tend to agree that Davie Provan is an @rse but to be fair to him he stuck up for Shinnie yesterday.

He said that Shinnie got a lot of criticism for his performance on Thursday but at least he bothered to show up,which is more than can be said for a few players who seem to pick and choose the games they play in.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I think most of us on here would tend to agree that Davie Provan is an @rse but to be fair to him he stuck up for Shinnie yesterday.

He said that Shinnie got a lot of criticism for his performance on Thursday but at least he bothered to show up,which is more than can be said for a few players who seem to pick and choose the games they play in.
    Yep - fair play for that.

The back four (full backs especially) had a collective nightmare yes (all the players did) but they were not helped in the slightest by the midfield in front of them that provided absolutely zero cover & hardly pressed their opponents for most of the 90 minutes.

Hey, but the timothy glory boys play in there so no criticism allowed of them clearly...

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

That was my post yesterday as well. Nice that someone in the media agrees.

Tierney is a decent player, but has dropped a level.
    He'll never fulfill his potential if he stays at the Tims for too long. If he doesn't get out soon, he will be the new Paul McStay.

Interesting to see the number of Aberdeen based guys in the starting line up yesterday

Bain (Aberdeen Youth player)
    O'Donnell (Aberdeen Youth player)
    Fraser (Aberdeen Youth player)
    Armstrong (Youth player from Aberdeen)
    Ryan Fraser has turned out to be the best player we have at the moment. In fact, probably one of the best players we've produced in recent years in Scotland given the impact he's made down south, particularly this season. If he was English they'd be touting him for £50m moves to every big club under the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Ryan Fraser has turned out to be the best player we have at the moment. In fact, probably one of the best players we've produced in recent years in Scotland given the impact he's made down south, particularly this season. If he was English they'd be touting him for £50m moves to every big club under the sun.
    Forrest has certainly been looking like he could be the main man for Scotland when he plays recently.

Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast