+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retained List

Retained List

Barnsley FC’s retained list has been submitted to the EFL following the conclusion of the 2017/18 campaign.

Following the expiration of their contracts, Adam Hammill, Andy Yiadom, Matt Mills, Nick Townsend, Adam Lund, Louis Rowe, Will Alderton, Sam Lomax, Tom Clare, Robbie Simpson, Sam Tingle, Brad Ash, Shaun Tuton, Wilberforce Ocran and Kane Swinburn will all leave the Club this summer.

The loan deals for Gary Gardner, Connor Mahoney and Oli McBurnie from Aston Villa, AFC Bournemouth and Swansea City respectively, will also come to an end.

Cameron McGeehan, Jared Bird, Dylan Mottley-Henry, Jacob Brown and Alex Mowatt all spent time away on loan this season and they will return to Oakwell.

Players under contract beyond the summer of 2018:

Adam Davies, Jake Greatorex, Henry Kendrick, Matty Pearson, Jason McCarthy, Dimitri Cavaré, Zeki Fryers, Dani Pinillos, Liam Lindsay, Adam Jackson, Ethan Pinnock, Sam Fielding, Harry Gagen, Jasper Moon, Stevie Mallan, George Moncur, Christoph Knasmüllner, Brad Potts, Jared Bird, Alex Mowatt, Cameron McGeehan, Matty Wolfe, Ryan Hedges, Dylan Mottley-Henry, Lloyd Isgrove, Danny Greenfield, Mamadou Thiam, Joao Rangel, Jaydan Sandhu,Tom Bradshaw, Kieffer Moore, Victor Adeboyejo, Jacob Brown, Tommy Willard, Chris Thorpe.

The club has offered terms to the following players:

Jack Walton, Ben Williams, Romal Palmer, Will Smith, Amir Berkovits, Cameron Simpson, Louis Wardle.

Details on the new intake of scholars for the Under 18s squad will be confirmed in due course.

Barnsley Football Club would like to thank the departing players for their efforts and contributions to the cause throughout their time at Oakwell.

Hammills worth ten fcukin Moncurs. The club should hang it's head in shame. Whose compiled this fcukin list surely not the new manager? Fcukin farcical from top to bottom.

It meks thi wonder dunt it Ponte just who is making these "football" decisions.

Must have been a list PH left shuved under GGs door before he fked off

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It meks thi wonder dunt it Ponte just who is making these "football" decisions.
    James Cryne and the Board and Brian Young and Hassell I think

The Bantams have snapped up promising striker Tom Clare on a permanent deal from Yorkshire neighbours Barnsley.

Clare has penned a one-year contract at the Northern Commercials Stadium - his first deal at professional level.

His contract with the Bantams, which is subject to the usual EFL and FA clearances, will come into effect from 1 July.

The powerful 6' 5'' forward joins City after coming through the youth ranks at Oakwell.

The imposing attacker spent eleven years in total with the Tykes and featured for both Barnsley's Under 18 and Under 23 sides last season.

The 18 year-old impressed while on trial with the Bantams towards the end of last season, scoring in City's Central League (reserve) fixture at Morecambe.

Speaking about Clare's arrival, Head of Recruitment Greg Abbott said: "Tom has really got a lot going for him, he’s an 18 year-old lad but is 6”5 and plays like a traditional big number nine.

"He certainly brings something different to the group.

"This club have always had big centre forwards who have that ability to get themselves on the end of crosses.

"From Bobby Campbell to Ron Futcher to Charlie Wyke, Tom is one of that dying breed of tall, physical goalscorers.

"He’s still got an awful lot to learn, but we’ve already seen what can happen when young players get their chance in the first-team here.

"Ultimately, this is a signing which fits with our strategy.

"It’s just as important that we get recruitment at this end of the scale right as when we sign players who are going straight into the first-team."

Clare himself added: “Bradford is massive club with a huge following.

"I have heard a lot of good things about the club and I can’t wait to get started.

“Hopefully I can show the fans what I can do and look to progress towards the first team at some point next season.

“I was with Omari (Patrick) when he used to be at Barnsley. I spoke to him about this move before joining and he just said what a good opportunity this would be for me.

“As you could see with Omari last season, there is that chance at Bradford to progress from the development team into the first team squad.

“I will get the chance to train with the first team next season and hopefully learn a lot from them.

“I like to use my height to compete for aerial balls but I can run in behind as well, I’m not just a hold-up player.

“This is a new club and a new challenge for me, and I am really excited to get going.”

What next? As Animal once told me. Believe in yourself. Your voice matters. What now mate? I'm struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    What next? As Animal once told me. Believe in yourself. Your voice matters. What now mate? I'm struggling.

Stelling and watching how your bets are progressing .

Works for me these days instead of this fecking circus steve .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

It's total **** mate. I want Fabio Capello after this We'll all wait with bated breath for our next mouth full

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

This is where I'm at these days too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast