+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Match thread Vs Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Nope, Coventry were the better team in both games, but important decisions went against us in both games, and that's what has pissed us off. Good luck in the final. We have a better chance of promotion next season if you're in League 1.
    What about the Davies incident,he got a 3 match ban,not during the game,No!! after when Sky had to to look at the incident with Duffy and got involved.we had a great replacement in Willis, oh and the penalty incident,probably not a pen,but it wasn't us who gave it,the Ref did,would you accept a pen in similar circumstances.But tonight we outclassed you.

Great post- see you at the Flat Earthers meeting later to flesh it out more 🤪

Quote Originally Posted by PUSB's View Post
    What about the Davies incident,he got a 3 match ban,not during the game,No!! after when Sky had to to look at the incident with Duffy and got involved.we had a great replacement in Willis, oh and the penalty incident,probably not a pen,but it wasn't us who gave it,the Ref did,would you accept a pen in similar circumstances.But tonight we outclassed you.
    So that's two refereeing errors you admit took place, what about our perfectly good goal disallowed and your offside goal allowed to stand?

I suspect maths isn't your strong point, but do you think those THREE wrong decisions might have had an effect on your THREE goal win?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So that's two refereeing errors you admit took place, what about our perfectly good goal disallowed and your offside goal allowed to stand?

I suspect maths isn't your strong point, but do you think those THREE wrong decisions might have had an effect on your THREE goal win?
    This is going to be a loooooooooooong night......we have lost 5-2 over the two legs, we were awful, why are you still arguing EP?

I predict that Snobbers will argue for that long, that the Covo fans will award us the Wembley place instead of them.....yawn

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    This is going to be a loooooooooooong night......we have lost 5-2 over the two legs, we were awful, why are you still arguing EP?
    I'm pointing out that however poor we were, the tie would have gone to extra time but for 3 blatant errors from the officials. Goals decide games, not pretty passing, and they were gifted three!

Quote Originally Posted by PUSB's View Post
    Did you actually read what I posted? Did I say you deserved to win over the two games? Did I say I blamed Coventry for the poor decisions against us? Did I wish you good luck in the final? As you raised the Davies incident, are you saying as it wasn't noticed by the (crap) match officials he should have got away with it?

Let's say you're out walking your dog late at night, someone comes up behind you and gives you a thumping. No-one sees it happen, by your reasoning, that person should get away with it. But is it right?

Anyway as I've already said, good luck in the final. You should have too much quality for little old Exeter, but who knows how the match officials may affect the outcome.

I'm pointing out that however poor we were, the tie would have gone to extra time but for 3 blatant errors from the officials. Goals decide games, not pretty passing, and they were gifted three!
    I agree....but it didn't happen, so why keep arguing?.....will the refs change their minds?......maybe the UN will get involved, or your buddies the EU?.....nope, I promise you....great season, learning curve for Nolo and AH

I agree....
    So you agree we were cheated out of three goals, but don't see how it could have made a difference to a tie decided by a three goal margin!

You'll be telling me next that 37% is a majority!

So you agree we were cheated out of three goals, but don't see how it could have made a difference to a tie decided by a three goal margin!

You'll be telling me next that 37% is a majority!
    We lost 5-2......ie we scored less than 30% of the goals....ouch

We lost 5-2......ie we scored less than 30% of the goals....ouch
    But we scored 3 lawful goals, and they scored 3 lawful goals. I make that 50% of the goals.

I've said all season that we've never looked a promotion side, and that we lack quality. But we've stuck at it more often than not and nicked a few points through sheer grit and a refusal to give in. I don't doubt Coventry looked a better side than us, but so have about 7 or 8 others. You don't get points for looks however, you get them for scoring more goals than the opposition. In a two leg tie it's bit hard to come out on top when the opposition are handed a three goal start.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast