+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Rowett Wanted By Stoke Again

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Moyes and Allardyce you have to be joking? both are dinosaurs and money grabbing parasites

O'Neill there's absolutely no chance and lets be honest

McCarthy I'd just about accept, he's done a good job stabalising Ipswich.

Wassall, Warburton and Mccarthy, who else? out of those mentioned it would have to be Warburton or Wassall tbh
    Warburton is only good for making bread, plus O’Niel could be tempted to a move to Derby and would be an ideal move for him and Wassall though he will be good to give youth a chance, the downside is he hasn’t won anything to get teams out of the championship which we are aiming for so that’s a no from me.

McCarthy is the best obvious choice a bit like a general type manager, who knows how to get things done and get promoted and gel teams and get players going and fired up when the going gets tough.... similar to Neil Warnock.

Carlos Carvalhal is available

If we wait till Christmas Warnock will be available

I don't think GR will go.

I don't think Rowett would leave for Stoke.

If he did there is plenty of choice out there.

Ranieri would do for me...

Arsene Wenger is down the local job centre most weeks now, filling in online CV's

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    I don't think Rowett would leave for Stoke.

If he did there is plenty of choice out there.

Ranieri would do for me...
    Rowett will not receive any budget for next season towards getting new players he will only get funds from selling the players he has at his disposal and he might not feel willing to do the necessary job on doing what’s is necessary at Derby, which is a hard job and might want an easy approach towards management by moving to Stoke which will be a much easier D.I.Y funding job, then the one he has got at Derby.

Stoke have taken a huge interest in inquiring Gary for the managerial vacancy and it could be second time lucky for them and too much for Gary to turn down this time around.

he will not receive a budget? Great news, then its spend spend spend uncontrollably with no accountability. On the other hand, he probably will be given a budget but have little in the way of funds available for rebuilding the squad within that budget.

But if he is the sort of manager that you suggest Spunky, and would run away from a difficult job, then I would welcome his departure. Any manager wanting an easy ride is better elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    he will not receive a budget? Great news, then its spend spend spend uncontrollably with no accountability. On the other hand, he probably will be given a budget but have little in the way of funds available for rebuilding the squad within that budget.

But if he is the sort of manager that you suggest Spunky, and would run away from a difficult job, then I would welcome his departure. Any manager wanting an easy ride is better elsewhere.
    Pearson springs to mind on not wanting a difficult job but Mel will control his spending and cut the costs down on how much is going out of the club towards players, as there has been too much going to waste as of late and he is putting his foot down for once and has already told Rowett that if he wants funds he will have to sell the players he has got at his disposal.

What happened to the £18m we had when hughes and ince went?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramspudnik View Post
    Pearson springs to mind on not wanting a difficult job but Mel will control his spending and cut the costs down on how much is going out of the club towards players, as there has been too much going to waste as of late and he is putting his foot down for once and has already told Rowett that if he wants funds he will have to sell the players he has got at his disposal.
    So Rowett has in fact got a budget - contrary to what you initially said. By all accounts it is a very tight budget, particularly if we have to spend some of it to ditch the contracts of those that no-one will buy.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)