+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Rowett Wanted By Stoke Again

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Now now Mista, I am sure he was just being sarcastic which, in the world of Spunky means "I have just said something stupid again". I have noticed increased sarcasm usage on his part every time he is challenged on something!!
    Thanks for once again in telling everyone that you are looking for a fight on the forums and looking to ruin the boards well done.

He could be off as he's odds on for the Stoke job

We should go for Wassall, Warburton or a good young lower league manager

I'd seriously give it to Wassall (if rowett is going), I was harsh on him during his time as manager, but in hindsight he was actually quite decent, he'd have learned a lot from that stint, and if we are slowly rebuilding then who better than someone like Wassall to do it? there's less pressure on him this time, and what with the likes of Martin, Shackell, Bent etc being shown the door he's got free reign to bring in the youth players.

Anyway...back on topic and remembering that we are all, well most of us, adults...can anyone suggest why Gary Rowett should find Stoke City more attractive than Derby County?
    As I see it these are the reasons he should stay.
    1) Rowett has been Derby based for a number of years and has a stated affinity with DCFC.
    2) He is on a very good contract at Derby and has a declared intent to finish what he started.
    3) He cannot expect loyalty and commitment from the players if he is prepared to ‘jump ship’ as soon as the ‘dream’ suffers a serious knock back.
    4) Stoke are no longer a Premiership side so any move would be sideways, not upwards, at best and look what happened to the last team in red and white stripes to be relegated from the Prem...they start next season in League 1!
    5) Stoke are becoming a bit of a basket case as far as managers are concerned. They should never have ditched Pulis, who made them what they are and then, having run out of patience with Hughes, hired Lambert whose strength is getting teams up rather than keeping them up before firing him just when his skill set might have proved useful.
    6) Stoke is a bit of a ****hole with an inferior stadium and fan base to Derby although, tbf, they are very noisy.

Personally...if Rowett goes to Stoke I shall be very disappointed, both in him as a character and in his interpretation of what the future holds for both clubs. Can understand people moving upwards under certain circumstances but if Rowett chooses Stoke over us it will be an even bigger betrayal than Tufty’s dalliances with Newcastle three years ago.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 19-05-2018 at 08:11 PM.

No loyalty in football

Id be happy for Rowett to stay, we need some stability and Rowett will provide us that

But I think he might go and if he should we should promote from within, instead of the usual big money managers we've gone for previously. And we had a great long term manager in Pearson, but decided to boot him too soon.

I'm not sure it's truly on topic but I am going to Stoke on Monday

Rowett was leading the pack to become the next Stoke boss then it went to Moyes then it went back to Rowett.

Rowett was the previous main target for Stoke before Lambert went there, so I would expect he will remain their favourite to become their next manager.

So we will know more in the coming weeks here are the list of 259 available managers on offer have a look through and see which floats your boat.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/traine...iner/statistik

Can't be bothered

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    No loyalty in football

Id be happy for Rowett to stay, we need some stability and Rowett will provide us that

But I think he might go and if he should we should promote from within, instead of the usual big money managers we've gone for previously. And we had a great long term manager in Pearson, but decided to boot him too soon.
    Mel and Pearson had a falling out so he got rid of him and he had a tussle with the players in the locker room as well, so it was bad for morale so it was a fair dismissal.

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Can't be bothered
    The only thing you can be bothered about is looking to cause trouble.

Oscar Garcia has caught my eye did very well at Brighton getting them into the play-offs and has done well as a manager working abroad, would take a chance in him becoming our next manager.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)