+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coventry v Notts County...appalling officiating

Coventry v Notts County...appalling officiating

Watching this and I've never seen such bad officiating.

Coventry 2-0 up on the night and County bring it back to 2-1 for half time.

Game resumes and Notts County score a perfect legit goal but ruled offside.

Game moves on and Coventry player receives the ball offside and lays the ball off to another player who is offside and he scores. Abysmal standards and you've got to feel for County.

I am routing for Mark Robins ex Miller and all that but I hate to see a team cheated out of a game.

Yes was just going to post, they might have just cost County

It’s astonishing that they didn’t have better refs than that for the game

4-1 now Coventry
    Last edited by millertop; 18-05-2018 at 08:35 PM.

Could have been a different game at 2-2 as County were all over them. All over and Robbo going to Wembley along with Warne and Hursty....who'd have ever thought that.

Spare a thought for Daws but I don't think they would have got past Charlton given the chance...bet Ronnie's proud of all their achievements this season, as they all played under him.

JCH came on from the bench and didn't score....again
    Not sure he's even Conference standard

They say these things even themselves out over a season however when you are on the end of 2 or 3 shocking decisions in both legs of a play off semi final it's tough to take .

Just about the last part of the season you want it to happen given there's no next week or game to put it right .

Ref standards are getting worse every season tbh, no wonder there's no British officials at Russia. UTFM!!

Reffing standards are very poor at the moment. How Smiffy manages to keep running all game when he has a defender on his back all match is amazing.

The first rule of Reffing must be NEVER critisize another official and always look the other way.

To make meaningful change the NFL system should be adopted, some of the weekly games are selected and all the match officials are brought together and all the decisions are gone through. Then advise is given on decisions made or not made, so improving future standards without just demoting the ref to a lower level to continue making the same mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    Reffing standards are very poor at the moment. How Smiffy manages to keep running all game when he has a defender on his back all match is amazing.

The first rule of Reffing must be NEVER critisize another official and always look the other way.

To make meaningful change the NFL system should be adopted, some of the weekly games are selected and all the match officials are brought together and all the decisions are gone through. Then advise is given on decisions made or not made, so improving future standards without just demoting the ref to a lower level to continue making the same mistakes.
    As a miller, and someone who has refereed also,can I just defend the officials a little.
    I fully agree that what would have been the equaliser for Notts County WAS onside but even on the replay it was so close that I could see why it was given.
    Both offsides in the build up to the coventry 3rd goal were also so tight that I could understand why neither WERE given.

I'm not a massive lover of VAR but all offsides or onsides would have been picked up on it.I never wanted all this to happen but now its here it's here to stay. I hope we only use it for things that can be proven and not for things that is 'In the opinion of the referee'

Just shows fine lines between going one place or another.

Had those 2 decisions not happened Notts County could have won that tie, got through to the final and got promoted. Makes you worry a bit for the final if something like that happens there too.

Quote Originally Posted by FarhadRUFC View Post
    Just shows fine lines between going one place or another.

Had those 2 decisions not happened Notts County could have won that tie, got through to the final and got promoted. Makes you worry a bit for the final if something like that happens there too.
    Absolutely they could have won that tie Farhad, but then again maybe not. My whole point is that VAR can make a massive difference if used for the reasons that it was brought in for, and not for the referee to use it to make a decision on whether he thought it was a foul or not, whereas another referee may reach a different decision.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast