+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coventry v Notts County...appalling officiating

Farhad, Barnsley and Sheffield Utd (who you said that you support) aren't in any final - so why are you worried? Try looking at the league tables
    Last edited by mikemiller; 19-05-2018 at 06:14 PM.

Wonder if JCH will watch our match on the eve of Cov vs Exeter

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Farhad, Barnsley and Sheffield Utd (who you said that you support) aren't in any final - so why are you worried? Try looking at the league tables
    I’m bored of playing this crappy troll role I’m gonna ask the mods if I can get rid of it and post as a normal user, I actually quite like this place and the people in it.

Except Animallittle, I still hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by FarhadRUFC View Post
    I’m bored of playing this crappy troll role I’m gonna ask the mods if I can get rid of it and post as a normal user, I actually quite like this place and the people in it.

Except Animallittle, I still hate you.
    Yesterday you said you was a Liverpool fan Why would you wanna post on a rotherham site if your not a fan I don’t get it. There’s lots of Liverpool fan pages

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Yesterday you said you was a Liverpool fan Why would you wanna post on a rotherham site if your not a fan I don’t get it. There’s lots of Liverpool fan pages
    I’m from Rotherham and I support Rotherham (Kimberworth). I can’t stand Liverpool that was part of my rubbish troll identity, I just used it because the Asians I used to know when I was at Thomas Rotherham pretty much exclusively supported Liverpool for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    As a miller, and someone who has refereed also,can I just defend the officials a little.
    I fully agree that what would have been the equaliser for Notts County WAS onside but even on the replay it was so close that I could see why it was given.
    Both offsides in the build up to the coventry 3rd goal were also so tight that I could understand why neither WERE given.

I'm not a massive lover of VAR but all offsides or onsides would have been picked up on it.I never wanted all this to happen but now its here it's here to stay. I hope we only use it for things that can be proven and not for things that is 'In the opinion of the referee'
    I too officiated for many years so fully understand what you are saying. However, where it was a 'close' call and very fine margins, I often gave the attack the benefit of the doubt. What made my position easy making those decisions was when neither club would run a line for me so the sole decision making rested with myself, no arguments from either side.

What got to me was how the County player was easily on side before he headed the ball in to the net, poor officiating.
    Second incident, even if the assistant referee missed the first offence the second was there to be seen and annulled. Poor decisions all round.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    As a miller, and someone who has refereed also,can I just defend the officials a little.
    I fully agree that what would have been the equaliser for Notts County WAS onside but even on the replay it was so close that I could see why it was given.
    Both offsides in the build up to the coventry 3rd goal were also so tight that I could understand why neither WERE given.

I'm not a massive lover of VAR but all offsides or onsides would have been picked up on it.I never wanted all this to happen but now its here it's here to stay. I hope we only use it for things that can be proven and not for things that is 'In the opinion of the referee'
    I refer you to the first rule Ronners.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    I too officiated for many years so fully understand what you are saying. However, where it was a 'close' call and very fine margins, I often gave the attack the benefit of the doubt. What made my position easy making those decisions was when neither club would run a line for me so the sole decision making rested with myself, no arguments from either side.

What got to me was how the County player was easily on side before he headed the ball in to the net, poor officiating.
    Second incident, even if the assistant referee missed the first offence the second was there to be seen and annulled. Poor decisions all round.
    The part about giving the attack the benefit of the doubt is still the case I believe Brin? Which ironically the linesman for the disallowed goal for Notts County didn't do, but the linesman for the Coventry 3rd goal did do. I wouldn't have said the county player was easily onside, but he was definitely onside. Also for the Coventry 3rd goal, I wouldn't say the players were easily offside , but they were definitely offside, however ,fine margins eh?
    All would have been picked up on VAR and we wouldn't be talking about wrongly disallowed goals or goals scored that shouldn't have been allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    I refer you to the first rule Ronners.
    The thing is Slimchance you mentioned about smithy always having a player on his back, yet completely overlook the fact that he is constantly backing into defenders. When I was reffing, the centre half /centre forward clash was always feisty as a foul could nearly always be given either way when the ball is in that area. If the centre forward was backing in then I would allow the centre half to climb over him and in nearly all cases they were both happy with that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12