+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is what happens when you play hoofball down the middle

This is what happens when you play hoofball down the middle

Sorry.....but it does not work....simple but true.

Next season, please can we find players that are comfortable on the ball, and not smash it away in panic?

Future England manager my arse

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post

Next season, please can we find players that are comfortable on the ball, and not smash it away in panic?

Been saying it all season, but there are people on here who think he is a great manager. This is all he knows and we can expect the same rubbish next season...

I'm not so sure guys. I think he got the best out of what he has to work with. I understand your disappointment but I think we'll invest a bit on the summer and have a team that looks more capable for next season. Also think Kev deserves to have another season with better players to prove himself. Which I think he will.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I'm not so sure guys. I think he got the best out of what he has to work with. I understand your disappointment but I think we'll invest a bit on the summer and have a team that looks more capable for next season. Also think Kev deserves to have another season with better players to prove himself. Which I think he will.
    Nolan does deserve another run at it. Invest next season? Don't hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Nolan does deserve another run at it. Invest next season? Don't hold your breath.
    I think the only thing the chairman will invest in next season is his tv appearances !

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post

It got Wimbledon to the top flight and kept them there for a long time!

Overall though I do agree our use of the ball has been a weakness. There's nothing wrong with going direct, but not every time. You have to mix it up a little otherwise the opposition just get set. Our most effective spell tonight was the first 15 minutes of the second half.

Where's all this " the chairman won't invest any more" come from.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    It got Wimbledon to the top flight and kept them there for a long time!

Overall though I do agree our use of the ball has been a weakness. There's nothing wrong with going direct, but not every time. You have to mix it up a little otherwise the opposition just get set. Our most effective spell tonight was the first 15 minutes of the second half.
    Agreed, we looked pretty good for 15 minutes or so, after that is was back to "hoof and hope"....our midfield must wonder what an attacking pass looks like, most of the time the ball is flying over their head or else they are tracking back defending

A 4-4-1-1 set up was just screaming “We’re going to hoof it down the middle!” And that is just what we did. Sod playing the ball on the floor, sod running into space, let’s do what we’ve done all season — that’ll confuse them! Look out Wembley! We’re on our way!

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    A 4-4-1-1 set up was just screaming “We’re going to hoof it down the middle!” And that is just what we did. Sod playing the ball on the floor, sod running into space, let’s do what we’ve done all season — that’ll confuse them! Look out Wembley! We’re on our way!
    Next season.....we are going to go out and recruit two, 8-foot greyhounds......play-offs guaranteed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast