+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is what happens when you play hoofball down the middle

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Where's all this " the chairman won't invest any more" come from.
    Budget has been spent on cheap t shirts for the Kop

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Where's all this " the chairman won't invest any more" come from.
    The Chairman will invest what he can without putting the club at financial risk. Nobody should criticise him for that, especially considering some of the nut cases we've had running the club in the past. A lot of the improvement this season can be credited to Alan Hardy, and it's about ethos as much as finances. Accrington have shown that money is only a small part of the equation.

Most of the trouble Coventry were causing us first half was from long balls that McNulty and Biamou were flicking on to eachother. We improved when O'Connor came on and he was spraying the ball around and were absolutely dominating up until Forte's dissallowed goal so Nolan saw what was happening and made the change that got us back on level terms.

Let's not pretend Coventry played like Barcelona though, they were constantly putting it over the top and trying to exploit Duffy and Brisley.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Agreed, we looked pretty good for 15 minutes or so, after that is was back to "hoof and hope"....our midfield must wonder what an attacking pass looks like, most of the time the ball is flying over their head or else they are tracking back defending
    I noticed that also, first 15 of the second half we battered them by playing some lovely football and then it was hoof ball again... made no sense really

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    I noticed that also, first 15 of the second half we battered them by playing some lovely football and then it was hoof ball again... made no sense really
    Thank you, that is what I have been trying to say.....WE LOOK GOOD WHEN THE BALL IS ON THE DECK, Charlie and Stall say it every week....yes, of course we were robbed of a few decisions, but the better footballing side won.

Next season we will be better....maybe automatics and avoid the lottery of the play-offs.....Accy did it.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I'm not so sure guys. I think he got the best out of what he has to work with. I understand your disappointment but I think we'll invest a bit on the summer and have a team that looks more capable for next season. Also think Kev deserves to have another season with better players to prove himself. Which I think he will.
    wasn't he here pre season so this is is team witch is ****.

You're definitely over hyping Coventry, yes they played decent football however they weren't in the same class as Luton or Accrington. For a team that mauled us they had 51% of the possession and completed a whooping 9 passes more than us. They definitely have some class players McNulty Bayliss and the right back.

I don't understand why we play Noble, how does he get into the squad never mind the team, he offers nothing. The one midfielder that I felt really put in a performance was O'Connor team looked totally different when he came on, has a great tackle has decent vision and pick a pass. Hope he's back next year to lead us in our promotion chase.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12