+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Were we really that bad Tarks ? from where I was sat in the Kop we failed to turn up in 1st half & could have been dead & buried but after the Grant goal they looked shaky & I actually thought that we held our own & created the better chances until Fortes goal was wrongly disallowed & their 3rd was wrongly given, after that our heads went down & they started to play like champions & ran out easy winners. Normally I don't do sour grapes & would normally be the 1st to congratulate our victors but having witnessed their horrible fans the only reason I could hope that they win at Wembley is so we don't have to witness them again next season.
    I agree. Yes, we failed to turn up first half but we were still in the game. First 15 minutes of the second half, we played the better football and they were under the cosh.

The 3 key decisions weren't just bad, but we're exacerbated by their timing. The penalty from the 1st game was a lifeline. The Forte goal would have had us well on top and their 3rd is just a complete game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    forget the referring decisions, that is an excuse.....we were awful
    Forget the refereeing decisions???? You do realise if the officials had made the right calls the aggregate score would have been 3-3?

We rarely outclass teams, but not many teams would make the final when the officials put them on minus 3 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Were we really that bad Tarks ? from where I was sat in the Kop we failed to turn up in 1st half & could have been dead & buried but after the Grant goal they looked shaky & I actually thought that we held our own & created the better chances until Fortes goal was wrongly disallowed & their 3rd was wrongly given, after that our heads went down & they started to play like champions & ran out easy winners. Normally I don't do sour grapes & would normally be the 1st to congratulate our victors but having witnessed their horrible fans the only reason I could hope that they win at Wembley is so we don't have to witness them again next season.
    Over the two legs, they were the better side, IMO......yes it hurts, but hopefully Nolo will learn from this, if he is here next season.

People are screaming on here about the refs favouring Covo?.....maybe that is because they looked the better side?....not sure....an inbuilt bias?.....they attacked with pace, passed the ball, cut inside, shot from range.......maybe the refs wanted them to win....we continually hoofed it from range without even trying to pick a pass.....you reap what you sow

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Forget the refereeing decisions???? You do realise if the officials had made the right calls the aggregate score would have been 3-3?

We rarely outclass teams, but not many teams would make the final when the officials put them on minus 3 goals.
    Coventry won because they were the better side.....get over it

I couldn’t believe it- I thought you lot were gonna come out and be strong, muscular, experienced, show game management and all that good stuff, but you looked like rabbits in the headlights and we battered you. I was incredibly surprised and you looked scared.

Nolan has to answer the question as to why he had them in that state instead of taking authority over the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cov1 View Post
    Hooooooffff

****in outclassed you clowns, no comparison in footballing terms.

As for your fans 😂😂😂😂
    No class in victory you young man. Enjoy your day at Wembley. I've seen Notts win twice there back in the day. I doubt you'll experience the same feeling.

People are screaming on here about the refs favouring Covo?.....maybe that is because they looked the better side?....not sure....
    Do you dispute any of the wrong decisions that gave them and cost us 3 goals?

Do you dispute any of the wrong decisions that gave them and cost us 3 goals?
    Yes, of course I dispute one or 2 of them, but we lost 5-2!.....what's the point?......we were mullered ......hoof ball has to go

Yes, of course I dispute one or 2 of them, but we lost 5-2!.....what's the point?......we were mullered ......hoof ball has to go
    Wrongly awarded penalty.
    Perfectly good Forte goal wrongly disallowed.
    Coventry offside goal allowed to stand.

Three blatant officiating errors, three goal margin of defeat. See where this is going? So which don't you agree with?

Wrongly awarded penalty.
    Perfectly good Forte goal wrongly disallowed.
    Coventry offside goal allowed to stand.

Three blatant officiating errors, three goal margin of defeat. See where this is going? So which don't you agree with?
    And the stamp of course.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast