+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Yes, of course I dispute one or 2 of them, but we lost 5-2!.....what's the point?......we were mullered ......hoof ball has to go
    We were " mullered " by the officials over the 2 legs . You carrying on raising goats mate , I will try convincing my lad it's still worth supporting Notts and it's not all about corrupt ( strong I know but we never had a chance ) refs.

Congratulate Coventry? Officially on the sh!t list more like. They played prettier football granted but ugly feckers have their day too you know.

Anyway, Coventry have their ugly side. Throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity.

I'm not hoping that Exeter thrash them. I hope they beat them 1 - 0 with a penalty that never was.

First of all would like to apologise for some of the moronic Coventry fans on here. We won the game but doesn't mean you should act classless. I think on a whole that we deserved to win the game, no doubt. It could have so easily been the other way, if your second goal had gone in. Who knows what would have happened.

Apart from the games you played us, I haven't seen any games you've played so I'm not going to come out with all the fake bullsh*t. Though there was a reason you're in the play offs and there is no reason you won't be there again next year. I just hope we're not challenging you.

Some of you can blame the refs all you like but over 180 minutes, we were the better team.

Quote Originally Posted by nw5pie View Post
    No class in victory you young man. Enjoy your day at Wembley. I've seen Notts win twice there back in the day. I doubt you'll experience the same feeling.
    I’ve seen Coventry win at Wembley twice thanks, so yes I have.

Quote Originally Posted by skybluematt View Post
    First of all would like to apologise for some of the moronic Coventry fans on here. We won the game but doesn't mean you should act classless. I think on a whole that we deserved to win the game, no doubt. It could have so easily been the other way, if your second goal had gone in. Who knows what would have happened.

Apart from the games you played us, I haven't seen any games you've played so I'm not going to come out with all the fake bullsh*t. Though there was a reason you're in the play offs and there is no reason you won't be there again next year. I just hope we're not challenging you.

Some of you can blame the refs all you like but over 180 minutes, we were the better team.
    In football the best team doesn’t always win. That’s part of football.

Refereeing decisions are part of football. It’s the scale and consequence of these that is galling. After a 46 game season (where you have to hope these things even out) to have so many critical ones go against you in just two games is beyond “blaming the ref”.

In all honesty it’s taken the pleasure from what has definitely been a good season for us.

Had you been 3-0 up at half time, which you probably should have been, the first leg penalty and non sending off would have been consigned to the could have/should have bin.

But to pull back from 2-0 to 2-2 and have poor refereeing change that to 3-1 after the the first games incompetence is a lot to take.

Best of luck in the final. I do hope the best team wins, and no one is talking about refs instead of the game......

Quote Originally Posted by pielover View Post
    Congratulate Coventry? Officially on the sh!t list more like. They played prettier football granted but ugly feckers have their day too you know.

Anyway, Coventry have their ugly side. Throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity.

I'm not hoping that Exeter thrash them. I hope they beat them 1 - 0 with a penalty that never was.
    Watching back Brisley could have gone for leading with his head, should have tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    In football the best team doesn’t always win. That’s part of football.

Refereeing decisions are part of football. It’s the scale and consequence of these that is galling. After a 46 game season (where you have to hope these things even out) to have so many critical ones go against you in just two games is beyond “blaming the ref”.

In all honesty it’s taken the pleasure from what has definitely been a good season for us.

Had you been 3-0 up at half time, which you probably should have been, the first leg penalty and non sending off would have been consigned to the could have/should have bin.

But to pull back from 2-0 to 2-2 and have poor refereeing change that to 3-1 after the the first games incompetence is a lot to take.

Best of luck in the final. I do hope the best team wins, and no one is talking about refs instead of the game......
    That's well articulated.

Credit to Coventry, it's good to watch teams focusing on attacking play.

I do wonder how much Nolo's outspoken comments about the standard of refereeing in L2 earlier in the season influenced the officials' decisions in these two games though.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post

I do wonder how much Nolo's outspoken comments about the standard of refereeing in L2 earlier in the season influenced the officials' decisions in these two games though.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    That's well articulated.

Credit to Coventry, it's good to watch teams focusing on attacking play.

You really are an areshole

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    You really are an areshole
    He makes a lot sense unlike you.

Mr negative, you got outclassed, deal with it.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast