+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations Coventry

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Well I could, but then you might go running to cher like a little a little brown hatter.
    Brown Hatter, lovely old expression we used to use quite often in the old days but absolutely taboo today more's the pity.

Back to the game, which I watched from home.

We played hardly any football on the ground and continuously kept the ball airborne. We were beaten by a better footballing side never mind the poor decisions made by the officials.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    Brown Hatter, lovely old expression we used to use quite often in the old days but absolutely taboo today more's the pity.

We played hardly any football on the ground and continuously kept the ball airborne. We were beaten by a better footballing side never mind the poor decisions made by the officials.
    I would be asked to go on a racial awareness course if I ordered a black coffee these days.
    Last edited by navypie; 19-05-2018 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post

As much as I would like us to play free flowing pretty football I don't believe that we have a squad capable of it so hoofball it is for now at least, but let's not forget that it was hoofball that got us in the Play Offs so it can be effective at this level. I wouldn't argue that Coventry were the "better footballing side" but over the season we were the more effective so finished higher & its hard to forget the poor decisions when over 180 minutes I doubt if any side could survive the diabolical decisions that went against us. Having said all this I have never thought that we've looked a promotion team this season so I'm not too disappointed that we've missed out & hope that the squad can be improved next season so that we can play more football & go up automatically, over to you AH & KN... COYP.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Wrongly awarded penalty.
    Perfectly good Forte goal wrongly disallowed.
    Coventry offside goal allowed to stand.

Three blatant officiating errors, three goal margin of defeat. See where this is going? So which don't you agree with?
    http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/938545919?-1875:987

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...lan-was-fuming
    Last edited by arnapie; 19-05-2018 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Have you changed your mind on VAR now Elite? I know I have especially in important games like this one
    It works really well in the Bundesliga i961. The trouble is, the EFL won't bring it in and each year clubs' fans, like ours, will be feeling aggrieved because of shocking decisions. Not having a video ref in this day and age, is like having a car with square wheels.

Tonight reminded me of Forest v Anderlecht in the UEFA Cup, many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    That's well articulated.

Credit to Coventry, it's good to watch teams focusing on attacking play.

I do wonder how much Nolo's outspoken comments about the standard of refereeing in L2 earlier in the season influenced the officials' decisions in these two games though.
    I think they were just borderline bad decisions, just poor play from the linesman. The ref did a reasonable job and didn't seem to favour either side. Cov played the better faster football and always looked more of a threat but who knows what would have happened if the decisions made as seen on the TV replays. We showed ourselves to be what we are, a one system team relying on old legs. No doubt we can look forward to another season of consolidation.

Quote Originally Posted by skybluematt View Post
    Some of you can blame the refs all you like but over 180 minutes, we were the better team.
    Look, if the tie was a boxing match Coventry would be awarded a clear points verdict over the 180 minutes. You played the better football and created more chances. But it wasn't a boxing match, it was a football match. For all your stylish play and better chances, just like in the 46 game season it wasn't enough to gain the upper hand on us. We have been like that for much of the season, not played particularly well but ground out results and nicked points through sheer determination. You don't get anything for style, and creating 20 gilt-edged chances counts for nothing if you don't put them away. All this "outclassed" stuff is rubbish. You were showboating for the last 25 minutes simply because you had a two, then three goal cushion thanks to being gifted a three goal advantage by the officials. If the officials were competent and the game was poised at it's correct score of 3-3 both teams would have been sh!tting themselves knowing it could have gone either way. We all know what the record books will say, but this is what they should really say:

1st leg: Coventry City 0-1 Notts County
    2nd leg: Notts County 2-3 Coventry City

Aggregate score 3-3. Coventry City go through on refereeing errors.

The saddest thing for football is that the winner of this semi-final was decided by arseholes with whistles and flags rather than the efforts of the 22 players on the pitch.

As a cov. supporter for nearly 60 years I can understand how Notts County supporters feel at the moment. It's a horrible feeling to lose such an important game, especially one you were expecting to win, and with all the contoversial decisions, but in the interests of balance let me tell you how I saw the 2 games.
    Your goal at the Ricoh would not have stood in many games as your player went in 2 footed and took Grimmer out.
    We had a stone wall penalty claim turned down in the final minutes at 1-1
    You would have been down to 10 men in many games for the entire second half last night.
    Stead appeared to impede Grimmer for your goal last night and it would have been disallowed in many games.
    Aggregate score 1-4 to us if all the decisions were correct and with 10 men we would probably have made you pay in the second half yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by oldcovman View Post
    as a cov. Supporter for nearly 60 years i can understand how notts county supporters feel at the moment. It's a horrible feeling to lose such an important game, especially one you were expecting to win, and with all the contoversial decisions, but in the interests of balance let me tell you how i saw the 2 games.
    Your goal at the ricoh would not have stood in many games as your player went in 2 footed and took grimmer out.
    you would have been down to 10 men in many games for the entire second half last night.
    Stead appeared to impede grimmer for your goal last night and it would have been disallowed in many games.
    Aggregate score 1-4 to us if all the decisions were correct and with 10 men we would probably have made you pay in the second half yesterday
    ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcovman View Post
    As a cov. supporter for nearly 60 years I can understand how Notts County supporters feel at the moment. It's a horrible feeling to lose such an important game, especially one you were expecting to win, and with all the contoversial decisions, but in the interests of balance let me tell you how I saw the 2 games.
    Your goal at the Ricoh would not have stood in many games as your player went in 2 footed and took Grimmer out.
    You would have been down to 10 men in many games for the entire second half last night.
    Stead appeared to impede Grimmer for your goal last night and it would have been disallowed in many games.
    And if you’d had 10 men for most of the game at the Ricoh?

Since that was the first foul up....do you think the others might not have happened the way they did?

What you have mentioned are marginal decisions which could go either way depending on opinions.

The penalty wasn’t marginal. The stamp wasn’t marginal. They were just very very poor decisions.

The offside given against us wasn’t marginal.

And you completely ignore like pretty much all your fans the timing of these errors.

When you’ve been shafted numerous times it’s hard to keep picking yourself up.

As to the “2 footed challenge”. You should have gone to spec savers.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast