+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wish you all the best

Well your fans did not disappoint tonight and you must be well proud supporting them.

I counted 4 flares - and 2 pitch incursions. I think you had more flares tonight but fewer pitch intrusions than when we beat you in the league encounter. Maybe banning orders were placed on the last lot, or maybe the police were a bit more aware.

Honestly, I don't think I have ever seen so many police / stewards lined up at away end trying to stop pitch encroachment.

I guess you are proud of that but I see it as a total disgrace !

Since when did Coventry City become a fake Leeds Utd ? You always used to be a nice friendly club.

I am now wondering if you are going to behave like Millwall (i.e. when they played Barnsley) at Wembley when Exeter stuff you.....

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBoots View Post
    Well your fans did not disappoint tonight and you must be well proud supporting them.

I counted 4 flares - and 2 pitch incursions. I think you had more flares tonight but fewer pitch intrusions than when we beat you in the league encounter. Maybe banning orders were placed on the last lot, or maybe the police were a bit more aware.

Honestly, I don't think I have ever seen so many police / stewards lined up at away end trying to stop pitch encroachment.

Since when did Coventry City become a fake Leeds Utd ? You always used to be a nice friendly club.

I am now wondering if you are going to behave like Millwall (i.e. when they played Barnsley) at Wembley when Exeter stuff you.....
    That's a bit over the top, out of nearly 5,000 fans a few cause a bit of a problem, all clubs have them including us.

Pathetic.

I didn’t hear of any major incidents, get a grip.

If the shoe would have been on the other foot,none of our fans would have done anything like this? Dream on.We lost to the better team on the night.We did the hard work in the away game & didn't turn up last night.
    Last edited by irishpete; 19-05-2018 at 05:47 AM.

Coventry fans were pretty well behaved in the end, no need to dress it up any other way. Might have been different if the officials were on our side though.

But I honestly don't get why, when 4-1 up and going to Wembley, the chants were aimed at Nolan or the Notts fans. It's not like we have any history with them, so that seemed a bit lacking in class. It's like the fact we were losing was more important than the fact they were winning.

At the end of the day, they were the better team. They're a bigger club with better players and more fans - well done them. At least if they go up we won't have to put up with that 'big club' bull**** again.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    That's a bit over the top, out of nearly 5,000 fans a few cause a bit of a problem, all clubs have them including us.
    Are you real ? Did you go to Chavenrty and see how their fans behaved after they had been given a penalty that wasn't ? Imagine how they would have reacted if they had lost ! If you want to give them credit , good for you . Imagine the scenes last night if they had lost.

Scenes? Tbf we would probably have just slopped off like we have done so many times before in the past when losing.

Notts were **** end of stop blaming everything but notts

I do wish the games had played out without controversial incidents and we could have at least been civil afterwards.
    I’ve got nothing bad to say against you guys, or Nottingham but then all I see is stupid names of our city and apparently everyone who lives here.
    Still, one thing I’ve heard lots is Coventry players & staff congratulating Nolan and the staff for what they are doing at Notts. Yet to hear one complimentary remark from anyone involved with notts towards our club tho. Apparently everything we did was lucky, controversial or illegal. We may be ‘chaventry city’ in your eyes but least we have some class towards the teams we play and don’t act like the spoilt brat who does not get what he wants like Nolan has this time. Don’t get me wrong, I know he’s gonna be pissed off, we all would be but you still try to have a bit of class and say something positive.

On a different note I thought Forte was a tidy player. I get the impression from other posts that he’s only turned it on in the last few games tho and a bit of journeyman? I liked what I saw of him over the two games. If he can put in a whole season like that he will get loads of goals next year

I didn’t realise but according to a few buddies of mine who support other clubs in this division, Notts County are renowned for this type of thing- whining, moaning, quick to blame everyone else for their problems and a lack of class. They say it’s got worse since Nolan got involved, but I wouldn’t have any idea.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast