+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wish you all the best

Amazing really, just a week previous Luton Town were celebrating at Meadow Lane and the manager, fans were saying how good a club we were and wishing us well, many of us including myself stayed behind and clapped their promotion. Also most managers/fans who visited this season have mentioned our class/friendliness as an organisation and a fan base.

If Kevin Nolan thinks like me then he has a lower opinion of Coventry city after the game than before it, I doubt he wished you and your manager well because he had other things on his mind though nothing against your team or manager, he looked visibly gutted after the game and I think he just wanted out.

I myself am not really fussed about the result now, we didn't turn up again, seems a recurring nightmare having us play on television. I must admit I generally like conversing with other fans but Coventry fans are really something, your fan base is far from modest, and this is an opinion I formed after talking to quite a few before the game (we arrived at like 5pm) and having read your message board when reading up your opinions on your players, I'm surprised how you are I would have thought with your lack of success you would be more down to earth. Maybe i was just unlucky and didn't get to talk to one of the many nicer fans. On a final note It's been a while since I saw that much stone island apparel, are they one of your sponsors by any chance?

We’re mostly down to earth alright, we just know a Stone Age/ agricultural hoofball team when we see one and knew that if the pitch wasn’t a quagmire like last week (which was why you were able to compete) we’d most likely thrash you, as it was clear your style couldn’t live with our passing game. That’s how it panned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful View Post
    I didn’t realise but according to a few buddies of mine who support other clubs in this division, Notts County are renowned for this type of thing- whining, moaning, quick to blame everyone else for their problems and a lack of class. They say it’s got worse since Nolan got involved, but I wouldn’t have any idea.
    At least the last six words of your post make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    At least the last six words of your post make sense.
    Elite...a freebie tip .....we got our arses whupped....move on dear......you know it makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Elite...a freebie tip .....we got our arses whupped....move on dear......you know it makes sense?
    No, it makes absolutely no sense at all. Yes, they looked the better team while we looked a bit one dimensional. For all that, the fact remains that if the officials had done their jobs efficiently the aggregate score would have been 3-3. How can you be whupped 3-3?

You’re losing your mind a bit.

Your defenders couldn’t defend, you had one 20 minute spell out of 180 on top, and if the pitch hadn’t been soaked last week you’d have been handed another spanking. You’d also have had 10 men before half time on Friday had the officials been “efficient” as you call it, thus wiping out any chance of that 20 minute spell. Duffy would have gone for the shameful playacting after KOing our guy, and Nolan would have been sent to the stands for his carry on.

There were some dodgy decisions alright- BOTH WAYS and there can be no doubt whatsoever that the right team won.

Your defenders couldn’t defend, you had one 20 minute spell out of 180 on top.
    Our defenders conceded three, your defenders conceded three. Your attack scored three, our attack scored three.

You get nothing for "being on top", but crucially your extra player (the ref) scored three which made the difference.

Actually your defenders conceded 5, because the defending was comical.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry_fan View Post
    I do wish the games had played out without controversial incidents and we could have at least been civil afterwards.
    I’ve got nothing bad to say against you guys, or Nottingham but then all I see is stupid names of our city and apparently everyone who lives here.
    Still, one thing I’ve heard lots is Coventry players & staff congratulating Nolan and the staff for what they are doing at Notts. Yet to hear one complimentary remark from anyone involved with notts towards our club tho. Apparently everything we did was lucky, controversial or illegal. We may be ‘chaventry city’ in your eyes but least we have some class towards the teams we play and don’t act like the spoilt brat who does not get what he wants like Nolan has this time. Don’t get me wrong, I know he’s gonna be pissed off, we all would be but you still try to have a bit of class and say something positive.

On a different note I thought Forte was a tidy player. I get the impression from other posts that he’s only turned it on in the last few games tho and a bit of journeyman? I liked what I saw of him over the two games. If he can put in a whole season like that he will get loads of goals next year
    Forte was sat on the bench for 29 games....weird huh?......apparently he said that Nolo's missus liked a bit of black....pudding!!

We only let Forte play because Nile Ranger turned down an offer....... of a night out with Elite plus £10 million....he fancied the dosh but the add-ons were too much for him.....he is now on suicide watch....true story

Your defenders couldn’t defend, you had one 20 minute spell out of 180 on top, and if the pitch hadn’t been soaked last week you’d have been handed another spanking. You’d also have had 10 men before half time on Friday had the officials been “efficient” as you call it, thus wiping out any chance of that 20 minute spell. Duffy would have gone for the shameful playacting after KOing our guy, and Nolan would have been sent to the stands for his carry on.

There were some dodgy decisions alright- BOTH WAYS and there can be no doubt whatsoever that the right team won.
    And you think we are blinkered what a load of one sided drivel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast