+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nolo Stick Twist?

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Another one blind to the facts.
    Blind to the facts??? Nobody needs a white stick more than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    However now the pressure is really on. If we aren't challenging for Auto's around Christmas then I will say switch. Lets see who we get through the door player wise.
    I think this is the attitude that has caused instability at the club over the years, sacking managers based on phases of a season rather than the whole season.

I'm not worried whether we're challenging for the automatic places at Christmas, because the season doesn't end then. I'm quite happy if we're in the top ten at Christmas, if it then transpires that we go on a Fulham-esque stampede in the second half of the season and end up in the top three on the final day. I'd rather have a good finish than a good start or mid-season.

The only way to really judge a manager's success or failure is at the end of a season, unless we went on a horrendous John Sheridan or Paul Ince-type run of defeats, in which case you obviously have to act sooner.
    Last edited by jackal2; 19-05-2018 at 07:20 PM.

He nearly got the team selection right, but once again he got the tactics so wrong....Its no good relying on the second half to rectify things we should be up for it for the whole 90 min.. And i still dont rate him...
    Oh for FFS durham , I like you , you know I do,and like you I also go to most games including away ( I'm pretty sure you go everywhere following Notts and I take my hat off to you sir) . But Nolan as improved Notts beyond . I for one is more than happy with him.

I thinks it's fair to say Durham is a "glass half empty" person!

Still, the game is all about opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Absolute no brainer, stick with him 100%. All this debate about hoofball is rubbish. I once remember durhampie making one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever read on here, when he said that we'd have won the title easily if only Nolan had got his team selection and tactics right. Laughable in the extreme. Nolan has taken a distinctly average squad and got them playing above their individual and collective abilities. The style of play hasn't been good to watch, but this is League 2 FFS. We just don't have the players to play a passing game. It would mean a midfield of Alessandra, Noble, Husin and Grant as the most technically gifted passers of the ball. That midfield would be outbattled by every other club in the division with ease. We'd barely get a kick. Nolan has done the best he could with a limited bunch.
    We definitely need inspired recruitment for next season, but anyone thinking of binning Nolan is seriously deluded.
    I completely agree with all of this. When we’ve had our best season at home for years and have won nearly half our league games finishing 5th and the progress that has been made since January 2017 it’s non sensical to even consider Kevin Nolan’s position as manger in my opinion.

I don’t care what style of football we play in this league. All I’m bothered about is playing football that gets us the points to get out of it and onto League One. The Coated One (Moniz) was the last one to play any type of passing football at this level and look how that turned out.

I honestly do not know what some people expect us to achieve with a squad of players that still contains a good half of a first eleven that went on a ten game loosing run under Jon Sheridan. Which I must point out is the worst run of defeats in our history.

Some have short memories. Then we were awful, morale was at rock bottom and we looked on a collision course of going out of the football league. I firmly believe KN has got the best out of what he’s had at his disposal.

Have we not learned nothing over the past ten years or more? Keeping sacking managers does not work and we need stability which thankfully for once we’ve had this season as KN has completed a full season, and a good one at that. Why are some so impatient? The other clubs who have been promoted have had their managers for some time and they’ve been able to build their teams.

What we play is effective football and when it works which has been more often than not under KN it works. I’m not going to deny that it is the most entertaining football because it’s not. When I’ve gone home (particularly after home games) and we’ve got an extra three points in the bag I’m happy.

League Total
    P67, W31, D18, L18, Pts 111 (1.66 ppg)

Win Ratio = 46.2%.

Any manager who has stats like the above at this level we would want in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 20-05-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Blind to the facts??? Nobody needs a white stick more than you do.
    Tw*t

Tw*t
    So you want attacking winning football, or the manager is garbish, get rid ? maybe Exeter should have binned Tisdale after they lost 0 3 at home to us ? or Notts should have binned Sirrel in 72 when we were no where near around the midway point yet finished with promotion.

Steady progress is what we have and what we need unless we suddenly have pots of dosh to throw at it.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    What is left when the lone players leave not a lot
    Loan PLAYERS?? Wow.

We have got ONE loan player, Grant, who plays on a regular basis. Hall has probably gone back already.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    What is left when the lone players leave not a lot
    Surely if the lone player leaves there will be nobody left!

Another one blind to the facts, Forte was played out wide earlier and he never had a decent ball to run on to. We were constantly playing the two geriatrics up front, who both Nolan and Hardy were saying they were the best in the league.. How wrong they were..And you..
    We were constantly playing the geriatrics up front early in the season... Do you mean the part of the season while we were in the top 2?

Oh yeah, sorry Durham, you were right all along...

F*cking troll.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast