+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Nolo Stick Twist?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I thinks it's fair to say Durham is a "glass half empty" person!

Still, the game is all about opinions!
    Durhams glass is always totally empty

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... KN and tactics ... specifically, why do Notts not place a defender at each post for corners - Cov would not have scored their first goal.
    It's been a feature of the game for some years but requires a keeper who commands the 6 yard/penalty area and dominant centre backs to head the ball clear ... Notts have neither (Briz ok when he's on form).
    Will some expert explain to me why oh why we don't do the obvious, please ...
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I agree though, having defenders on the post is useful but with the amount of free headers we let teams win at corners I'd imagine that's why we don't do it. Jones was obviously under instruction to "retreat" to the near post if the ball went over him as he does that but nobody does it at the back post. Crossley seems to be in charge of setting us up at set pieces so maybe he see's it from the goalkeepers perspective and they don't like having defenders on the line? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Stupid question.
    Led to a good discussion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Great comeback durham. Is that all you've got?
    No, i think this sums you up
    አንተ አስፈራሪም ብቻ ነህ

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    I would stick with Nolan but I think serious questions must be asked as to why on earth he took so long to start playing Forte, THAT is what has cost Notts promotion this season.
    He was constantly injured and/or not 100% fit!

Its not a difficult answer!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Agree with every word. He's an organiser and a motivator and that is basically all you need in this division.

I don't think he'll change to a ball playing style and frankly I hope he doesn't, we won't get promoted like that IMO.

Hopefully he'll channel the spirit of Warnock and sign powerful, pacy, and most of all talented attackers and play a more precise version of the at times aimless direct football we've seen this season.
    My sentiments precisely anyone who could take a squad of Never Has Been's and achieve what he has done in 18 months deserves a Medal, not the threat of the Sack, absolutely crazy talk.

Nolan's Army Marches on with some new faces and legs for me.

I wouldn't say they were never has beens, a lot of them were brought in from League One and above by Sheridan (Duffy, Dicko, O'Connor, Collin etc), Moniz (Milsom, Hewitt, Stead) and Nolan (Jones, Grant, Yates). They were all horrifically managed by Sheridan though.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567