+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Perspective

Perspective

From where I'm sitting this morning after the disappointment of last night I must say what a fantastic season its been for Notts fans near and far. Just a few thoughts that have been going through my head.

Top of the league for a number of weeks
    FA Cup run
    Clean sheets
    Finishing in the playoffs and extending the season
    A football management team that can prepare and grind results out of an average side
    Large crowds that have not been seen this century
    A committed corporate leadership team with unwavering desire
    Ifollow

A couple of what ifs:
    Ryan Yates
    Mason Bennett
    Competent officiating

Thanks Notts County for an emotional roller coaster with more ups than downs. Already looking forward to next season.

COYP because you have indeed raised the bar in every way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by spag View Post
    From where I'm sitting this morning after the disappointment of last night I must say what a fantastic season its been for Notts fans near and far. Just a few thoughts that have been going through my head.

Top of the league for a number of weeks
    FA Cup run
    Clean sheets
    Finishing in the playoffs and extending the season
    A football management team that can prepare and grind results out of an average side
    Large crowds that have not been seen this century
    A committed corporate leadership team with unwavering desire
    Ifollow

A couple of what ifs:
    Ryan Yates
    Mason Bennett
    Competent officiating

Thanks Notts County for an emotional roller coaster with more ups than downs. Already looking forward to next season.

COYP because you have indeed raised the bar in every way possible.
    This I agree with.

If at start of season you told me we'd lose in the playoffs I'd have snapped your hand off - not wanting to be in a relegation battle or lower table mediocrity (obviously not losing in the manner we did). We seem to be ran more like a proper club now and we're making serious strides in attracting new fans. Next season will be interesting, as Spag says the bar has been raised, recruitment over the summer will be key and hopefully we will continue to progress.

I agree. All things considered, it's been a great season. I've said pretty much all year that we're not good enough to get promoted, and so getting to the semis was pretty much the most we could hope for. Our lack of quality showed last night, and that needs to be addressed if we are to progress. Big summer coming up.