+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: F A Cup

Back in the day for us old foggies the FA Cup was one of a very few televised live games,of course we looked forward to it.

Nowadays live football games are rammed down your throats daily.

If you had to eat steak everyday you would soon tire of it.

Totally agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Back in the day for us old foggies the FA Cup was one of a very few televised live games,of course we looked forward to it.

Nowadays live football games are rammed down your throats daily.

If you had to eat steak everyday you would soon tire of it.

I've always maintained winning the FA cup should give you the last champions league place there should be more kudos attached to winning the cup than finishing 4th. All the teams would take it seriously then no playing Man Utd reserves in the 3rd round full 1st team out at forest green that's what people want to see

Used to love the all day experience of cup final day I'd be glued to it all day,the final nail in the coffin was moving it from 3 o'clock I've got all on picking the remote up to turn it on now,never thought I'd see the day when that happened

Bit of a poor game that was,Man U too slow at getting the ball forward.

Phil Jones is going to get roasted at the WC,prefer Smalling to Jones although ne's not much better.

think it said it all about southgate a few months ago when he stated that phil jones was the best centre back in england he isnt even the best centre back at manure cant believe hes picked him instead of smalling who is far and away a better player imo

Didn't watch it. Watched Celtic v Motherwell and then decided I'd been sat on my @rse for long enough

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    FA Cup final day no longer carries the weight it used to

For many today, it's just another game

Gimme a Blades match any day of the week/month/year
    You're r8 the CUP FINAL aint what it used to be but then is owt the same wi the beautiful game nowadays? I'd luv to see the MIGHTY BLADES win the CUP before i fall off this mortal coil tho wunt you? UTCB

As others have said used to love watching cup final day the 70's and 80's, but then pesky sky got its hands onto the footy scene.

Didn't watch it yesterday watched something more entertaining...re ran bouncing day massacre again instead....
    Perfick absoultely perfick...a few tinnies, lovely weather...
    as Del boy would say
    "mange tout Rodney....mange tout...."
    Last edited by diode_blade; 20-05-2018 at 05:54 AM.

Well I watched it and I probably enjoyed it more than most thanks to those nice people at skybet who offered 16/1 on hazard and rashford having at least 2 shots each on target that's another 80 smackers in the pot

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Well I watched it and I probably enjoyed it more than most thanks to those nice people at skybet who offered 16/1 on hazard and rashford having at least 2 shots each on target that's another 80 smackers in the pot
    No wonder you can afford to buy ice creams at sky high prices,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast